The Pollinator Committee of Dickinson College will coordinate the college’s conservation and education efforts for pollinators on campus and apply for and maintain requirements of the Bee Campus USA Certification.
The committee is responsible for:
- Developing a Campus Pollinator Habitat Plan
- Serving as advisors to the Center for Sustainability Education, The Hive and The Hive Interns
- Promoting campus events to raise awareness about the importance of pollinators
- Annually sponsoring and tracking student service-learning that enhance pollinator habitats
- Biennially offering pollinator protection workshops or incorporating pollinator protection topics into college curriculum
- Educating the campus and Carlisle community about pollinator-friendly landscaping
- Sharing Bee Campus USA news and activities
2020-21 Pollinator Committee Members
- Jerry Bower, Network Systems Analyst
- Maggie Douglas, Assistant Professor of Environmental Science
- Lindsey Lyons, Center for Sustainability Education, Assistant Director
- Chad Mader, Director of Grounds
- Anna Conley ‘22, Hive Intern
- Clara Roth ’21, Member-at-Large
- Stephen Winn, Dickinson Staff
- Sustainability Learning Coordinator (when filled)
The pollinator committee advises the Center for Sustainability Education (CSE) and The Hive interns on events to be hosted on campus related to the goals of the committee.
If you would like to be kept up to date about events and programming, sign up for one or more working groups of The Hive Cooperative.