This was the first building at Dickinson College designed to be a coed dormitory, and was first occupied by students in April 1969. This student residence was named for Hugh B. Woodward and Helen Kisner Woodward, both members of the class of 1908, whose generous donation made the construction of the building possible.
Home to about 90 students, "KW" includes mostly single rooms with custom-made furniture. The building is divided into two towers with laundry facilities in each tower. KW is a mixed-class year residence hall, and is located on Dickinson Walk behind the Library.
Interior & Furnishings
Floors: Carpeted hallways; vinyl tile/sheet vinyl in bedrooms.
Furniture: Each student will have a bed (cannot be bunked) with storage drawers underneath, a dresser, a desk and desk chair, and a bookcase. Closets are free standing wardrobe type. Soft seating is available in building lounges.
Kitchen Facilities: Common kitchen, including sink, refrigerator/freezer, & stove/oven.
Cleaning: Bathrooms cleaned daily; Showers cleaned weekly.