ADS - Access and Disability Services
NEW FOR COVID-19:
The Access and Disability Services (ADS) team strives to ensure that Dickinson programs, services and facilities are accessible to all Dickinson students on a non-discriminatory basis. ADS is committed to working with all eligible students with documented disabilities -- and with faculty and staff -- to provide reasonable accommodations in the academic and/or living environment.
Disclosures to ADS are completely confidential and will never appear on a student's college record. Here are the Accommodation Request Steps. For more information about the complete disclosure and academic accommodations process, see Disclosing and Documenting a Disability to Request Academic Accommodations.
Questions? Here's who to contact regarding...
- General inquiries about requesting, setting up, or using accommodations: John Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support with class notes or accessible text for conversion to audio: Mitch Gardner at email@example.com
- Access Plan related questions or issues: Susan Frommer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test-taking accommodations, including proctoring: Susan or Mitch at email@example.com
- Policy questions, referrals, concerns, or implementation-related challenges: Marni Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW TO DICKINSON OR SEEKING ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THE FIRST TIME?
We're delighted you've chosen to be a part of the Dickinson family. If you are in need of any type of accommodation(s) at Dickinson--whether due to a learning or physical disability, a medical or mental health condition, or a temporary impairment, please complete our Disclosure and Request for Accommodations Form ASAP, and we will provide you with next steps. If you've like to receive guidance over the phone, please email us at email@example.com with your availability and we'll schedule a time to connect.
What's it like to disclose a disability to Dickinson? Here is a short and worthwhile video montage of testimonials, featuring five students with disabilities talking about using accommodations and being successful Dickinsonians.
For returning students with academic accommodations, the Blue Forms are no more! Learn how you’ll use our new Access Plan through CLIQ to set up your accommodations online.
If you have been granted academic accommodations, but are not currently using them, it’s not too late to do so (provided that there’s adequate time to set up what’s necessary). Email us if you have any questions.
If you are seeking any additional accommodations, please follow our online instructions to your "Disability Disclosure and Accommodation Request" form, add any additional information or requests, and email us to let us know that you have.
OPEN HOURS at ADS:
Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - noon & 2 - 3 p.m (No appointment needed) For the Fall semester, call 717-245-1734 and leave a message with your availability. Calls will be returned in the order in which they were received.
During on-campus Open Hours, our Access and Communications Coordinator, John Joyce, is available to meet privately with students to discuss disability and accommodation-related matters. No appointment is necessary, but it is helpful to email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance regarding the reason for the visit. Students will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
Frequently Requested Links:
- Academic Accommodations
- Housing Accommodations
- Dietary Accommodations
- Temporary Impairment Services
- How Accommodations Change from High School to College
- Parent Resources
- Forms and Procedures for Faculty and Staff
- Universal Design for Instruction & Learning
- REMOTE LEARNING ACCOMMODATIONS -- GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS
- REMOTE LEARNING ACCOMMODATIONS -- GUIDANCE FOR FACULTY
If you are having trouble viewing our website, adjust the web accessibility settings here.
If you have any questions about accommodations at Dickinson based on a disability or temporary impairment, please look through this website for information. If you still have remaining questions, please send them to email@example.com.
- Marni JonesDean and Director of Access and Disability Services and SOAR: Strategies, Organization, and Achievement Resources
- John JoyceAccess and Communications Coordinatoraccess@dickinson.edu
- Susan FrommerAssistant Director and Proctoring Managerproctoring@dickinson.edu
- Mitch GardnerAccommodation Facilitator & Technologistnotes@dickinson.edu
- Madelyn CampbellStaff Associate