Request for Dietary-based Disability Accommodation
In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Dickinson College has established procedures to ensure that students with documented disabilities have access to reasonable on-campus dietary accommodations.
Students (and parents) should bear in mind that, as a four-year residential college, all students living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan. Students in need of dietary accommodations should not expect an exemption from this meal plan requirement. Dietary accommodations can be facilitated through Dining Services where every reasonable effort will be made to support students’ documented dietary needs, while maintaining Dickinson’s core belief that dining with fellow students is an important facet of life at a residential college. Dietary accommodations that are currently available through Dining Services include gluten-free and lactose-free options, meals for vegan diets, a Star-K-certified kosher kitchen, and the ability to request alternative meals if necessitated by a documented medical condition. Dickinson is committed to removing barriers to full participation in the Dickinson community, and the Dietary Accommodations Committee will make every effort to accommodate students with dietary-based disabilities and maintain accessibility to Dining Services options.
Procedures for Requesting a Dietary-based Accommodation
- Submit a Disability Disclosure and Accommodation Request electronically through the ACCOMMODATE platform.
- Send Documentation of the Disability - Consult our Documentation Guidelines for the requirements
ofeach specific disability. These materials may be submitted by either the student or the student's healthcareprovider.
- Send the Dietary-based Disability Documentation Form to the student's health care provider for completion. The healthcare provider should return the form directly to Disability Services and may not be a relative of the applicant.
Documentation and requests should be submitted to the Office of Disability Services, by any one of the following means:
Mail: Office of Disability Services
PO Box 1773 - Dana Hall
Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA 17013
- July 31st for the Fall Semester
- December 31st for the Spring Semester