How smart of you to come to this page! Click on each section below to find a wealth of apps, planning tools, and strategic guidance, created by SOAR's Dean and Director, Marni Jones and others to support your academic success.
if you attended the SOAR workshop on Sunday and didn't have your phone, here's where you can give your feedback.
If you'd like in-person support, you can either email SOAR@dickinson.edu with your availability to meet, come to one of our SOAR Workshops (listed below), or come to our hall in Old West's Lower Level -- aka "the OWLL" -- to find a vast array of free calendars and other paper copy resources or to request one-on-one support.
In short, you can come to the OWLL to SOAR!
Fall 2023 Workshops
The following remaining workshops will take place on Thursdays from 12-1 in Althouse 08:
- October 5 -Study Strategies
- November 16 - Research, Essay, and Assignment Planning
- December 7 - Test Prep and Test-Taking Strategies
Share the flyer
If you're a faculty member, here's where to find a SOAR Syllabus Statement and Tips for you.
And if you are need of academic supports due to a disability or an injury, go to Access and Disability Services.
All Dickinsonians are welcome to watch the recording of our webinar "Helping Students SOAR to Academic Success through Strategies, Organization, and Achievement Resources" (offered as a part of a series for parents, but actually directed towards students).
We're also often asked to share resources for students with ADHD, so here are are few:
- 7 Secrets to Studying Better with ADHD (ADDitude Magazine)
- Succeeding in College with ADHD (CHADD)
- 8 Unique Studying Tips for College Students with ADHD -- and good for any student! (Education and Behavior) Note: You can also listen to the tips by clicking on the video.
Each of the below sections includes an array of supports (including weekly planners and semester calendars). And here is a popular resource to get you started: Words of Wisdom for Managing Time Well in College