Academic accommodations are facilitated using the Access Plan, a CLIQ application, accessed from Dickinson's Gateway. [See the bottom of this page for links to written and video tutorials]
Here is the basic overview of how the process works:
1. ADS SENDS ALL STUDENTS WITH ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATIONS THE FOLLOWING:
- The Access Plan "Confirmation of Understanding," to be completed and submitted online.
- The official Accommodation Letter for the semester.
- A template message that students can choose to customize and send to each professor about scheduling an Access Plan meeting.
2. Students convey their accommodation eligibility and intentions to their professors
- Students log in to their Access Plan through CLIQ and find a “card” for each class that includes the list of accommodations for which they are eligible.
- Students indicate which accommodations they intend to use for each specific class, and electronically disclose their accommodation intentions to their professors.
- Students email their professors to schedule an “Access Plan Meeting” and attach to the email their Accommodation Letter.
3. Students and Professors have an “Access Plan” Meeting
- Professors provide students with a specific meeting time when they can confidentially review the student's Access Plan and discuss how each accommodation will be implemented.
- When meeting remotely, each should be viewing the student's Access Plan card for that class.
- If changes are needed to the Access Plan, the student should make them during the meeting.
4. Professors “Acknowledge” Accommodations
- At the conclusion of the meeting with the student, professors will click “Acknowledge Accommodations” on their Access Plan, and this will be instantaneously conveyed to ADS.