Academic accommodations are implemented using the Access Plan application in CLIQ, accessed from within the Dickinson Gateway. Here is the basic overview of how the process works:
ADS SENDS ALL STUDENTS WITH ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATIONS THE FOLLOWING:
- The Access Plan "Confirmation of Understanding," to be completed and submitted online.
- The official Accommodation Letter for the semester.
- A template message that students can choose to customize and send to each professor about scheduling an Access Plan meeting.
Students convey their accommodation eligibility and intentions to their professors
- Students log in to their Access Plan through CLIQ (found on the Dickinson Gateway) and find a “card” for each class that includes the list of accommodations for which they are eligible.
- Students indicate which accommodations they intend to use for each specific class, and electronically disclose their accommodation intentions to their professors.
- Students email their professors to schedule an “Access Plan Meeting” and attach to the email their Accommodation Letter.
Students and Professors have an “Access Plan” Meeting
- Professors provide students with a specific time slot when they can confidentially meet to review the student's Access Plan and discuss how each accommodation will be implemented.
- When meeting remotely, each should be viewing that student's Access Plan card for that class.
Professors “Acknowledge” Accommodations
- After meeting with the student and determining how accommodations will be implemented, professors will click “Acknowledge Accommodations” on their Access Plan in CLIQ, and this will be instantaneously conveyed to ADS.