Disclosing and Documenting a Disability to support a request for Accommodation(s)

Step One: Submit your "Disclosure Form for New Accommodations." Incoming First-Year students are to complete this step by the end of May. (Late disclosures may impact the timing of getting accommodations in place by the start of the fall semester, but will still be accepted at any time.)

Step Two: Submit appropriate documentation of your disability. 

    New students need to submit documentation by the end of June to guarantee that accommodations are in place at the start of the semester. For more specific guidelines on documentation, please refer to the Guidelines for Documenting a Disability, and select the disability (or disabilities) for which you are requesting accommodations.
    Specific instructions for documenting a need for these types of accommodations can be found on the Housing Accommodation or Dietary Accommodation pages. 

Documentation may be submitted to Access and Disability Services (ADS) by any of the following means:
Fax: 717-254-8139
Email: access@dickinson.edu
US Mail: Access and Disability Services, Dickinson College, P.O. Box 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013-2896

Step Three:  Your documentation will be reviewed to determine eligibility for any accommodations. Please note that sufficient time is required to review all documentation. It is possible that you will be asked to provide additional documentation or that a consultation with an evaluator will be necessary before a decision can be made. It is important for all students requesting accommodations to check their Dickinson email accounts for any communications from ADS.  

  • Once students are determined to be eligible for housing or dietary accommodations, they will receive an email from Marni Jones, Dean and Director of ADS, notifying them of the accommodations granted.  
  • For students granted academic accommodations, here is the full process for setting up academic accommodations. 

If you have any questions about the status of your documentation process or about the status of your request for accommodations, please email access@dickinson.edu, or call us at 717-245-1734.