Time Management and Organization
Time Management Workshop
The next workshop will occur Thursday, September 10th, 2015 from 12:15-1:15 in Dana Hall, Room 101. Students are welcome to bring a bag lunch from the Caf's "Grab 'n Go." RSVPs welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
To supplement this workshop, students can call the Learning Skills office at 717-245-1734 or go to to request one-on-one time management,
Popular Time Management Resources
- Time Management Words of Wisdom
- Dickinson College Weekly Planner--use to plan your study times
- How to use the Weekly Planner
- Semester Calendar (divided in 2 halves
--use to plan your semester by entering all of your tests and assignment due dates )
- Semester Calendar (all on one page)
- Tips for Being On Time and Organized
Apps to Help You...
PLAN YOUR TIME
Each of these apps allows you to enter course info, homework, tests, assignment due dates, etc., and will send you reminder notifications to help you stay on track.
is well-liked app that works with iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, Windows 8, and the Web. It syncs across devices and can also work offline. Free (version) or $1.99/year option that lets you enter classes by schedule. (Review) myHomework
- Pro This award-winning app works on all
devices (iPhone, iPad) and syncs directly to iOS . Pro is $2.99; Lite version is free. Here's a college student's helpful video about how to stay organized using Pro. iCal
- Schedule Planner works with iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle. Plan your day by color-coded categories and then see charts of your planned time vs.
spent on those tasks. Integrates with iCal and Google Calendar. Free version and pro version for $6.99. time
KEEP TRACK OF TASKS AND TIME
- 30/30 This free iOS app has you allocate set amounts of time
each task and then gives you a countdown timer. (Review) to
DO Use this NY Times "TOP 10 MUST HAVE APP" to enter your to-do list, set deadlines, and be sent reminders. Works on iOS and Android. Integrates into Gmail. Free or $2.99/ . versions. mo
- Student Time Tracker This $
99 iOS app tracks how you spend time. Creates colorful charts of your study (and other) patterns and your task progress towards deadlines. .
- Sleep If U Can Alarm gives you two options to
the alarm: 1) Shake your phone; or 2) Go the place shown on your screen (that you previously set up, like the bathroom sink) and take a picture. Here’s a demo clip. $1.99 for iOS; free for Android. silent
These apps and more can be found in Mashable’s 25 Apps You’ll Need to Survive College.