Time Management and Organization
Time Management Workshop
Time Management Workshops will be offered four times this semester. But don't wait -- go to the next available session! Each hands-on, customized-for-you workshop will take place on in the Biddle House Advising Lounge from 12:15-1:00 on the following Thursdays: August 31, September 14, October 5, and October 26. You are welcome to bring a bag lunch from the Caf's "Grab 'n Go." RSVPs to PeerAdvisors@dickinson.edu are appreciated.
To supplement these workshops, students can call the Learning Skills office at 717-245-1734 or go to the Academic Advising desk in Biddle House to request one-on-one time management, organizational, and/or study strategy tutorial sessions with trained Peer Advisors, weekdays from noon to 4 p.m.
Popular Time Management Resources
- Dickinson College Weekly Planner--use to plan your study times
- How to use the Weekly Planner
- Semester Calendar (divided in 2 halves)--use to plan your semester by entering all of your tests and assignment due dates
- Semester Calendar (all on one page)
Apps to Help You...
(Click to learn more!)
Each of these apps allows you to enter course info, homework, tests, assignment due dates, etc., and will send you reminder notifications to help you stay on track.
- myHomework is well-liked app that works with iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, Windows 8, and the Web. It syncs across devices and can also work offline. Free (version) or $1.99/year option that lets you enter classes by schedule. (Review)
- iStudiezPro This award-winning app works on all iOS, MAC, PC and Android devices and syncs directly to iCal. Pro is $2.99 for your iPad or iPhone and $9.99 for your MAC or PC. Lite version is free. Here's a college student's helpful video about how to stay organized using iStudiezPro.
- Schedule Planner works with iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle. Plan your day by color-coded categories and then see charts of your planned time vs. time spent on those tasks. Integrates with iCal and Google Calendar. Free version and pro version for $6.99.
- 30/30 This free iOS app has you allocate set amounts of time to each task and then gives you a countdown timer. (Review)
- Any.Do Use this NY Times "TOP 10 MUST HAVE APP" to enter your to-do list, set deadlines, and be sent reminders. Works on iOS and Android. Integrates into Gmail. Free or $2.99/mo versions.
- Student Time Tracker This $.99 iOS app tracks how you spend time. Creates colorful charts of your study (and other) patterns and your task progress towards deadlines.
- Alarmy Pro gives you two options to silent the alarm: 1) Shake your phone; or 2) Go the place shown on your screen (that you previously set up, like the bathroom sink) and take a picture. Here’s a demo clip. $1.99 for iOS; free for Android.
These apps and more can be found in Mashable’s 25 Apps You’ll Need to Survive College.
Read all about it!
- Time Management Words of Wisdom
- 5 Tips for ADDers to Stop Procrastinating
- Tips for Being On Time and Organized
- Tips to Stop Procrastinating and Just Do it!