Time Management and Organization
If you would also like a one-on-one time management session, you can arrange for one by emailing your availability for the coming week to SOAR@dickinson.edu.
Popular Time Management Resources
- Dickinson College Weekly Planner--use to plan your study times
- How to use the Weekly Planner
- Summer Semester Calendar - This is a fillable form you can download, edit, and save!
Apps to Help You...
(Click to learn more!)
Each of these apps allows you to enter course info, homework, tests, assignment due dates, etc., and will send you reminder notifications to help you stay on track.
- myHomework is well-liked app that works with iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, Windows 8, and the Web. It syncs across devices and can also work offline. Free (version) or $1.99/year option that lets you enter classes by schedule. (Review)
- iStudiezPro This award-winning app works on all iOS, MAC, PC and Android devices and syncs directly to iCal. Pro is $2.99 for your iPad or iPhone and $9.99 for your MAC or PC. Lite version is free. Here's a college student's helpful video about how to stay organized using iStudiezPro.
- Schedule Planner works with iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle. Plan your day by color-coded categories and then see charts of your planned time vs. time spent on those tasks. Integrates with iCal and Google Calendar. Free version and pro version for $6.99.
- Be Focused is a $0.99 iOS app that helps you get things done by breaking up assignments into smaller segments with intervals and required breaks built in…a proven technique for staying motivated and on task!
- Any.Do Use this NY Times "TOP 10 MUST HAVE APP" to enter your to-do list, set deadlines, and be sent reminders. Works on iOS and Android. Integrates into Gmail. Free or $2.99/mo versions.
- Alarmy Pro gives you two options to silent the alarm: 1) Shake your phone; or 2) Go the place shown on your screen (that you previously set up, like the bathroom sink) and take a picture. Here’s a demo clip. $7.99 for iOS; Free versions for both iOS and Android.
These apps and more can be found in Mashable’s 25 Apps You’ll Need to Survive College.
Read all about it!
- Time Management Words of Wisdom
- 5 Tips for ADDers to Stop Procrastinating
- Tips for Being On Time and Organized
- Tips to Stop Procrastinating and Just Do it!