If you would like assistance with note-taking strategies, you can email your availability for the coming week to SOAR@dickinson.edu and request this type of support.
Strategic Note-taking Guidance
- Top Ten Note Taking Tips
- Improving Understanding By Taking Effective Notes
- 3 Stages of Note Taking + Cornell Notes and Mind Maps
- A Summary of Research on How (and Why) to Take Good Notes
- How to Create Study Guides of Notes to be Ready for Futures Tests: The "Corndog Method"
When Technology in the Classroom is Allowed...
- There are a number of note-taking apps, the most popular being: Evernote, OneNote, AudioNote, and Notability.
- Here is a review of 20 iPad Note Taking Apps.
- Note that you must first have permission before recording any classes!
- Evernote: Downloading Evernote enables you to save every website, document, picture, etc. to your Evernote collection and organize them with tags. Works with practically every computer, phone, and mobile device there it. Use Evernote to save your course syllabus, articles, notes, and power points so that you can access all that you may need for a given course in one location.