CCLA Student Leader Reflections
The Center for Civic Learning & Action hires student leaders to work on various projects throughout the year that involve the Dickinson and Cumberland County communities. Below are some reflections from past and current students.
- End of Year Borough Council Reflection, 2020-21
- Carlisle Borough Ambassador 2020-21 Reflection: From National to Local: Carlisle Borough Takes Strides for Anti-Racism
- Leader of Service Trips & More: For Ken Bamba '20, Making a Difference in People's Lives has Become a Way of Life
- Dickinson College Student's Build Skills, Give Back Through Social-distance Internships: Students Gain Critical Skills for the Covid-19 Era While Helping Local Nonprofits
The Center for Civic Learning & Action seeks to highlight the important work being accomplished by engaged faculty, students, and community partners.
- The Cumberland County Reentry Coalition: A Community-Engaged Strategic Planning Process, Spring 2022
- Ayudar o Apoyar, Spring 2022
- Not What The Community Can Do For Us, But We Can Do For The Community, Fall 2021
- Safe Harbour's Commitment to Carlisle, Fall 2021
- Experiential Learning with Keystone Health Center Partnership, Spring 2021
- Leader of Service Trips & More: For Ken Bamba '20, Making a Difference in People's Lives has Become a Way of Life, Spring, 2020
Dickinson College is a Campus Compact member. As Campus Compact writes on their webpage, this fellowship "recognizes and supports community-committed students who are changemakers and public problem-solvers at Campus Compact member institutions." These fellows receive virtual learning opportunities and networking through Campus Connect.
- Clara Roth '21 became a Newman Civic Fellow during the 2020-21 school year
The Center for Civic Learning & Action designed the Civic Innovation Competition to try to meet the needs of the Carlisle community. The most recent competition was held in the Fall 2020 and was directed towards K-12 students in our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Civic Engagement Fund at Dickinson College (CEF) supports projects that promote civic learning and college-community engagement that benefit the public good. The fund provides funding financial and administrative support for innovative proposals in the areas of community-engaged collaboration, pedagogy, or scholarship. Priority is given to proposals from faculty in the arts, humanities, and humanistic social sciences. The fund is comprised of four distinct opportunities.