Dickinson Joins Together with Others
Campus EcoChallenge 2021
Join Dickinson's Center for Sustainability Education (CSE) an ONLINE sustainability-focused behavior change challenge April 1-21, 2021. Whether you’re at home or on campus, the EcoChallenge provides a unique opportunity to put your sustainability skills in practice and will include a competition within Dickinson as well as a friendly competition amongst other college/university communities. EcoChallenge is a fun and social way to take measurable action on the issues you care about. With three weeks of commitment, learning and action can add up to a lifetime of positive change for you, others, and the planet!
We invite students, faculty, staff, alumni and families to make individual commitments and work towards a more sustainable lifestyle. EcoChallenge's platform is holistic, real-time, FREE, and allows participants to select the commitments they want to work on. EcoChallenge is 100% online, and offers unique, cutomizable opportunities for engagement during the pandemic. The combination of collective action, camaraderie, and friendly competition makes change a little easier — and a lot more fun. The EcoChallenge will culminate on Earth Day (April 22, 2021) when we can celebrate our results and positive change.
How to Participate?
Sign Up & Make Commitments:
- Find your team.
- Once teams are established, participants sign up and join their team.
- Explore the challenges and make your commitments by April 1, 2021!
- Invite friends and colleagues to join you. Use your personal referral code to earn points.
- Track and share your progress online from April 1-21, 2021 and earn points for taking action.
- Engage with others in the Campus EcoChallenge through comments and reflection.
- Compete to win it!
Recruit & Engage Others:
- Challenge your friends and colleagues to join the EcoChallenge.
- Invite friends, family and colleagues to join you.
- Create subcompetitions between friends or family to motivate each other.
- Check in daily during the Challenge and create online dialogue with competitors.
Want to Challenge Dickinson?
We believe this behavior-based commitment campaign can have huge impacts in higher education and want to work with you. We invite any institution of higher education to create a team and join us in the 2021 Campus EcoChallenge. It doesn't matter if you have a team of 5 or 5,000! It would be fun to compete April 1-21, 2021. We will offer a webinar to orient schools to the process, best practices, and marketing tools. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in joining us in this effort or to sign up for the webinar. Starting a team is easy!