Hours of Operations and Highlights
Open seven days a week for 20 meal periods, the Dining Hall is an all-you-care-to-eat cafeteria-style facility. A 50-item salad bar plus salad dressings and seasonings, deli bar, two made-from-scratch soup offerings and three separate entrées for lunch and dinner ensure there's something for everyone. Vegetarian, vegan, organic non-gmo cereal, gluten-free and kosher entrées also are available. All meal plans are accepted at all times.
One swipe grants one entry; however, once you leave the dining hall you may not re-enter unless you swipe in again. Exceptions are made for restroom breaks and language tables. You must leave your ID card with the door monitor and inform them that you are leaving for the restroom or to eat in a side room with a language table or other Dickinson-sanctioned academic meeting in a side room. You may not leave the Dining Hall for class or for other extended periods of time and re-enter unless you pay at the door with a swipe or another tender.
Look for CAF-HACKS and create your own delicious meals using ingredients available from the menu: homemade quesadillas using deli, salad bar, and other items from the hot entree line, grill, KOVE, or other self-serve areas can be combined or grilled on your own using our panini presses.
Clean-label chicken breasts, pasta, sauce, vegetables, and vegan burgers are available at every lunch and dinner to make it easy for you to customize a meal that suits you. A hot whole-grains and sauce bar with oatmeal always available adds to this flexibility. The only limits are your own creativity!
For those with special dietary needs, we have separated the Top 8 allergens from one of our salad bars. We also have a self-serve gluten-free area separated from the rest of our meal areas to make it easier to select foods on your own. We even offer dairy free frozen desserts for all our guests in this area. If you have severe allergies or intolerances we highly recommend that you contact ADS and submit a food accommodation request and that you meet with our Dining Hall manager to learn how to navigate our facility and eat safely through plate-ups or other options.
Since the Dining Hall is a closed environment with all-access to all available foods, we are not able to accommodate non-paying guests. For similar reasons, diners who wish to bring in food from other sources are not able to do so in addition to potential cross-contact and cross-contamination concerns for the safety of our food products and other guests.
Service options - menu item availability - may vary at different times of the day or days of the week. Please read postings in the Dining Hall for specific information and check out the Special Hours web link for schedule changes near academic breaks and Final Exam weeks.
Daily hours of operation - subject to change:
- Breakfast bars and serving lines - cereals, bagels, muffins. Hot food served 7 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.; grilled items served until 10 a.m. Self-serve Belgian waffles are available all day.
- The KOVE (Kosher + Vegan) - available Sunday-Thursday and for lunch on Friday during the academic semester
- Two salad bars - over 50 items combined
- Grains bar - rice, pasta, and sauces as well as occasional Chef's Choice add-on entrees
- Deli bar - cold cuts, deli salads, cheeses, and artisanal breads
- Panini station - self-serve sandwich grills
- Dessert bar - fresh-baked desserts from our own bakery
- Multiple beverage stations - a variety of sparkling and still juices and waters- infused or enhanced, dairy products and non-dairy milk alterenatives, sodas, coffee and a wide variety of hot or cold tea
- Two hot entrées - lunch and dinner
- Pasta Bar - always available pasta bar for lunch and dinner with vegetables and sauces
- Chicken Breast - always available made-to-order for lunch and dinner
- Vegan Burgers - always available made-to-order vegan burgers for lunch and dinner
- Grill - eggs to order at breakfast or Chef's Choice Special
- Pizza Grill - a rotation of personal pizzas and pizza by the slice
- Pop-Up Bars - charcuterie, nachos, poke, and more
- Fresh fruit - seasonal (organic when available)
- Gluten-free station - gluten-free meals, breads, beverages, waffles, and desserts in a separate preparation area.
- Two homemade soups - always one vegetarian and/or gluten-free choice
- Ice cream, non-dairy sorbet, and frozen yogurt - make your own sundaes or cones and Monday night Snow Devils
- Meal exchange - Meal credits, points or traditional plan can be exchanged for catered events, barbeques, bag lunches or dinners
- Special, theme and holiday dinners - weekly specials and holiday dinners liven up the bill of fare
- Napkin board - a place to post comments and suggestions related to dining at Dickinson
- Caf' Hacks - Channeling your inner chef: Caf' Hacks are inspirational examples where you design-your-own meals using multiple ingredients found in the Dining Hall.