Academic Software Requests
In an effort to centralize College-owned software title assets and maximize licensing, User Services will facilitate the purchase of all software titles requested/required by academic departments.
Department chairs should make software requests needed by their departments via the electronic form (also linked below). A small subcommittee of the Information Technology and Services Committee (ITSC) will review the technical and licensing aspects of the requests and, once approved, User Services will add the requests to its one-time and, if needed, on-going budget requests to the Planning and Budget Committee for the upcoming fiscal year(s).
Requests and Timeframe:
- Standard Requests (requests submitted Sept->Nov): █
- Sept-Nov: Chair submits departmental software request via online form.
- Nov-Jan: Submitted requests evaluated by ITSC subcommittee (requestors contacted for follow-up information if needed).
- Feb-Jul: Reviewed requests added to User Services budget request for the coming fiscal year during budget development process and reviewed by P&B.
- Jul-…: If requests approved by Financial Operations, new software will be purchased, tested, and deployed after July 1.
- Just In Time Requests (requests submitted Dec->Aug): █
- Chair submits departmental software request via online form.
- If request is submitted while ITS is in session (Dec-May), the request will be evaluated by the ITSC subcommittee, otherwise, submitted requests will be evaluated by the Director of User Services.
- IF User Services has funding: Reviewed request is purchased, tested, and deployed.
- IF User Services does NOT have funding, but requesting department does: Funding transferred to User Services and reviewed request is purchased, tested, and deployed.
- IF NEITHER User Services NOR requesting department has funding: Requestor re-requests in Sept-Nov timeframe during Standard Request timeframe or seeks alternate funding resources.