2023 Valley & Ridge Workshop: May 23-25, 2023
Who Should Apply?
The Valley & Ridge Workshop is an interdisciplinary faculty study group for those wishing to incorporate sustainability concepts, problems or solutions into new or existing courses. Participation from all academic disciplines is encouraged. For 2023, we will welcome educators from Dickinson faculty and from other institutions (space is limited to 15 participants). We do plan to host the workshop safely in person on Dickinson's campus. Proof of vaccination will be required for non-Dickinson faculty.
- No cost for Dickinson faculty: Stipend $1,000 for fullfillment of particpant agreement below
- $125 fee for Non-Dickinson faculty
How to Apply?
Deadline to Apply:
Applications should be submitted by March 17, 2023
Dickinson Faculty Participant Agreement:
As a stipend-receiving participant Dickinson faculty agree to:
- Read pre-workshop materials provided electronically.
- Attend the workshop May 23-25, 2023.
- Prepare new or modify existing course over summer 2023.
- Serve as a resource to future Valley & Ridge participants and faculty at Dickinson.
- Reconvene in August 2023 (date TBD) to report on your progress and submit project summary & final report.
- Provide CSE with a 250-300 word project summary for use on the website (will be published "as is")
- Provide CSE with a final report consisting of:
1. New/revised course syllabus
2. E-versions of related course documents
3. Summary of your course modifications, the role of V & R in developing the course/module & final outcomes*
- Final outcomes can be submitted as amendments to the final report after the course is implemented
For more information contact:
Director of Sustainability Learning
Center for Sustainability Education
Kaufman Hall 194
2023 Application Form