For Incoming Students
Pre-Admission Health Policy
Dickinson College requires that incoming students comply with the Pre-Admission Health Policy: complete the online health history form, have a current physical exam (within the past 12 months), and provide documentation of the required immunizations. The deadline date is January 9, 2017.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER FOR A NEW ACCOUNT THROUGH THE PATIENT PORTAL. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS SEPARATE FROM YOUR GATEWAY REGISTRATION.
All health forms can be downloaded from the Patient Portal. Below is a list of the requirements:
- Complete the medical history form located on the Wellness Center Patient Portal homepage by logging in with your username and password that you created during the registration process.
- Schedule a physical exam with your healthcare provider and submit a copy of the physical exam report signed by your healthcare provider. The date of the physical exam must be within 1 year of the campus move-in date. If a physical exam cannot be done by July 1st deadline due to health insurance restrictions, the previous physical exam report with the date of the scheduled appointment should be submitted by the deadline. Updated physical exam documentation should be forthcoming directly following the appointment.
- Submit a copy of your immunization record or the immunization form.
- Submit the completed Tuberculosis Risk Assessment/Testing form signed by your healthcare provider.
- Review the information on Pennsylvania's Meningitis Law and document your vaccination records or completed waiver .
You may submit them by email(email@example.com), fax (717-245-1938), upload to Wellness Center Patient Portal, or mail (Wellness Center, P.O. Box 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013).
Important: Students who have not completed the immunization requirements will not be able to directly check into their housing assignment upon arrival to campus.
If you are having trouble with the forms or have any questions about the requirements, contact the Wellness Center and we will assist you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (717) 245-1663 for assistance.