For Incoming Students

Medical Confidentiality Laws in Pennsylvania

In the State of Pennsylvania, if a patient is 18 years of age, or has graduated from high school, he or she is considered an adult regarding medical care. The laws are strict regarding medical confidentiality. Medical information cannot be released without the written consent of the patient. The law does allow, and in some cases requires confidentially be broken if the patient is a danger to himself or herself or others. If the patient is taken to the emergency room, in most cases the emergency room physician will contact parents with the patient's permission. 

If you and your parents feel it is important for them to have information regarding your medical care, we recommend you sign a Consent for Release of Medical Information form during your appointment. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in helping us meet our legal obligation to our young adult patients. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Health Services at 717-245-1835 or e-mail

You may also view our statement addressing privacy by clicking here.

For Incoming Students 

Dickinson College requires that incoming students comply with the Pre-Admission Health Policy as listed below:

  1. Complete the  Health History form online through Online Student Health (OSH). PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER FOR A NEW ACCOUNT THROUGH OSH YOUR FIRST TIME LOGGING IN. 
  2. Schedule a physical exam with your health care provider, and submit the medical/health forms available through a download from OSH no later than January 5, 2015. All forms must be completed and signed by your health care provider. You may submit them by email (, fax (717-245-1938), or mail (Wellness Center, P.O. Box 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013).
  3. Review the information on Pennsylvania's Meningitis Law and document your vaccination records or completed waiver

Important: Students who have not completed the immunization requirements will not be able to directly check into their housing assignment upon arrival to campus.  

If you are having trouble with the forms or have any questions about the requirements, contact the Wellness Center Health Services and we will assist you. Email or call (717) 245-1835 for assistance