Skip To Content Skip To Menu Skip To Footer

International Students

faculty opportunities

Current International Students

Dickinson College 2014 seniors at the College Farm

There are many services provided by the Center for Global Study & Engagement. For F-1 visa and J-1 visa holders, the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) team serves as the primary advisors for visa requirements and visa related benefits. We assist new international students with their immigration documents as they prepare to come to campus, and upon their arrival, we provide services designed to meet specific needs.

If you are unsure where to find a particular service on campus or how to navigate through student requirements, our ISSS staff provides guidance relevant to your question or problem. Throughout the year, we notify international students and scholars of academic events, information sessions and crucial deadlines. Our team advises on international student issues, such as I-20 travel signatures, social security application and annual tax requirements.

We invite you to reach out to us whenever you have questions or when you simply want to talk. The ISSS team looks forward to seeing you and we are available Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm. Make an appointment with us for:

  • Questions about how F-1 and J-1 regulations apply to your specific situation and plans
  • Questions and problems related to your adjustment to U.S. life
  • F-1 students reporting changes of major, graduation date, and financial aid in need of update on your SEVIS record and I-20
  • Official signatures on immigration forms (also know that "drop-in" hours will be scheduled for students needing travel signatures before Winter and Summer Breaks)

Some services are best requested via email, so we have a record and the date of your exact request. Please send us an email for:

  • Verification letters for the Social Security Administration and Pennsylvania's Department of Transportation (PennDOT)
  • Communication and general questions about F-1 and J-1 visa regulations 
  • Updates on your U.S. or home country address needed for your SEVIS record
  • SEVIS record transfer requests to another U.S. school
  • Your specific questions related to CPT & OPT 

Continue to Explore