First-Year Application Checklist
- A completed Common Application with nonrefundable $65 fee (or fee waiver), including the essay (see prompts and get tips).
- Official secondary school transcript(s) listing all courses and grades (through the Common Application). Grades from the senior year (whether fist quarter, first trimester or mid-year) indicating success in senior-year courses, are required before decision release.
- Counselor recommendation (through the Common Application).
- Academic teacher recommendations (through the Common Application; one required, two recommended).
- Official SAT or ACT test results (submission is optional for domestic applicants; must be indicated on Common Application).
- Early Decision candidates must also submit a signed Early Decision Agreement Form (through the Common Application).
- Applicants for federal and state aid must file the FAFSA (available at www.fafsa.ed.gov) by the selected admission application deadline. Those who wish to be considered for Dickinson’s need-based grant aid also must complete the CSS PROFILE (available at profileonline.collegeboard.org) by the same deadline. To be considered for all need-based aid available from Dickinson, BOTH forms need to be completed using information from 2015 federal tax forms.
- International students must also submit the Certification of Finances and International Student Financial Aid Application. Learn more on the international-student pages.
- Response to the Dickinson writing supplement (optional for admission consideration, but required for merit scholarship consideration). Note that applicants must specify on the Common Application whether or not they will submit.
- Students who wish to submit supplementary art, music or theatre materials (optional) must do so through SlideRoom as part of the Common Application. Additional information for students interested in submitting materials and/or auditioning is available online for music (please note that music submissions and auditions are required for scholarship consideration), art and theatre & dance.
Upon submission of your application, you will be given a unique login to your Application Status Page where you may view the materials received and any which are missing from your application file. This is also the location where admission decisions will ultimately be posted.