First-Year Application Checklist
- A completed Common Application, including the essay (see prompts and get tips).
- Official secondary school transcript(s) listing all courses and grades. Grades from the senior year (whether first quarter, first trimester or mid-year) indicating success in senior-year courses, are required before decision release.
- Counselor recommendation (through the Common Application).
- Academic teacher recommendations (through the Common Application; one required, two recommended).
- Early Decision candidates must also submit a signed Early Decision Agreement Form (through the Common Application).
- Applicants for federal and state aid must file the FAFSA (available at www.fafsa.ed.gov) by the selected admission application deadline. Those who wish to be considered for Dickinson’s need-based grant aid also must complete the CSS PROFILE (available at profileonline.collegeboard.org) by the same deadline. To be considered for all need-based aid available from Dickinson, BOTH forms need to be completed using information from 2022 federal tax forms.
- International students must also submit the Certification of Finances and International Student Financial Aid Application. Learn more on the international-student pages.
- Students who wish to submit supplementary art, music or theatre materials (optional) must do so through SlideRoom as part of the Common Application. Additional information for students interested in submitting materials and/or auditioning is available online for music (and the Music Scholars Award), art and theatre & dance.
Upon submission of your application, you will be given a unique login to your Applicant Portal where you may view the materials received and any which are missing from your application file. This is also the location where admission decisions will ultimately be posted.
- TEST OPTIONAL: Since 1994, Dickinson has employed a test-optional admissions process, although we briefly suspended all standardized-test submission during the COVID-19 pandemic. View our Test-Optional FAQ for additional information.
NO APPLICATION FEE: As part of Dickinson’s commitment to providing equitable access to its world-class education, the college has removed the $65 application fee for all students who apply through the Common Application.