Spring Move Out - Students not Graduating
Let us know your Plans – (Response Required)
If you live in a traditional building, you will sign a sheet with your RA where you list your departure plans. If you live in a house or apartment, please respond let us know your plans by going into your Housing icon on Gateway, clicking “applications,” and then clicking “Houses-Apartments - Departure”. All students must respond by May 13 at 11:59pm.
On the day you are leaving, you should return key(s) to the checkout table (see locations below) and report any damages to the room at that time. Residence Life & Housing staff members will check the rooms each evening to verify that belongings have been removed.
You are responsible for the key(s) that you were issued at the time you checked into the room. It is important that you return your key(s) when you leave, or you will be billed to have the lock changed (minimum of $100.00/lock). If you have lost your keys, please notify the office immediately.
Now through May 13, 2022
Check out through Residence Life & Housing office in the lower level of the HUB. There is a red drop box outside the office that can be utilized 24/7 even when office is closed.
May 14-18, 2022
Check out at your table location below between 9am-7pm (9am-12pm/noon on May 18). Outside of these hours, please return your key to the Residence Life & Housing office. There is a red drop box outside the office that can be utilized 24/7.
- Morgan Porch (for Morgan Field buildings)
- Baird Tunnel (for the Quads area, McKenney, Kisner-Woodward)
- Residence Life Office (for all Houses & Apartments)
All of your personal belongings must be out of your room prior to the Residence Life & Housing staff member inspecting the room to check you out. If there are damages or belongings left in the room, you may be charged. If appropriate, you will share these charges with your roommate(s). Determination of who pays for what should be made between you and your roommate prior to check out. More specific information about damages and costs can be found on our website.
Cleaning Room and Trash Removal
Do not wait until the last minute to clean your room. Garbage bags and other cleaning materials may be obtained on a limited basis from your building housekeeping staff or from Facilities by calling (717) 245-1212 to assist you in this process. The following steps are suggested to clean your room prior to checking out of your residence:
- Remove all personal items – including rugs - from your room prior to your check out (make sure to check all desk and bureau drawers for overlooked items)
- Sweep/vacuum floors; mopping where necessary
- Lock all windows and pull down blinds to the first pane
- Take all trash directly to the appropriate locations. Do not leave trash in the hallways. All rooms not properly cleaned may be assessed a room cleaning charge. You may also be charged for sweeping trash into the hallways.
Note: Non-college furniture that is left behind will be removed by Facilities Management and the student account will be billed a removal fee.