Recruitment & Selection Process
Resident Advisor Position (new staff)
The Resident Advisor (RA) position plays an integral role within Residence Life & Housing. Students selected to assume this important leadership role will have significant, focused responsibility for residential life in an assigned area. RAs are enthusiastic students and leaders who have a direct influence on campus culture and develop valuable leadership skills such as communication, building rapport, and managing conflict while making a substantive contribution to the campus community.
Resident Advisor recruitment & selection process will start in December and will continue during the spring semester. The selection process is designed to help applicants get to know new people, learn about themselves, and gain important skills. To apply, candidates participate in a rigorous selection process that includes:
- Watching the recorded information session at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ivI2CUzWA&feature=youtu.be By watching the information session, you'll learn more about the role. We also recommend following our social media accounts, which can be found by searching @dsonreslife on Instagram or by looking at the links found at https://linktr.ee/dsonreslife. If you have more questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completing an application with resume, submitting a completed activity, and providing one reference.
- Attending an individual interview which will take place the week of February 22.
Qualifications to Apply
- Applicants must be a currently enrolled full-time student who has completed one semester.
- Candidates must have demonstrated exemplary personal conduct in accordance with the Community Standards.
- Students currently on stayed suspension or suspension will not be considered for the position.
- Repeated behavioral or conduct related issues may also result in candidates being removed from the selection process.
- Willingness to give priority commitment to the RA position.
- Maintain a 2.75 or higher semester and cumulative GPA throughout the course of employment.
- Completed at least 8 credits before the fall 2021 semester.
- Must return early for both fall and spring academic terms for RA training and are expected to stay on campus until residence halls close for the semester.
- Will serve in an on-call rotation with other RAs periodically over the course of the academic year.
- Maintain exemplary personal conduct in accordance with the Community Standards.
- Assist in necessary aspects of the Residence Life & Housing program including opening, RA selection, closing as well as roommate agreements.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at Dickinson College to be eligible to apply.
- Priority is given to candidates applying for the full academic year.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Resident Advisor Position Agreement
- New application link:
- Resident Advisor Activity Link:
- Resident Advisor Reference Form:
- Scheduled Resident Advisor Interview Time
- RA applications are live!
- Information Session recorded at: https://youtu.be/50ivI2CUzWA
- RA applications due - Sunday, February 14, 2021, by 11:59pm EST
- RA references due - Sunday, February 21, 2021, by 11:59pm EST
- Offices will be sent on a rolling basis, starting late March/early April
The primary selection process occurs during the spring semester. However, in the fall a small number of positions may need to be filled for the upcoming spring semester. The positions are filled typically by alternates from our previous spring semester or past RAs returning from being abroad. However, in the event that we are unable to fill all positions using those two groups additional candidates may be considered.
House & Apartment Manager Position (new staff)
House and Apartment Managers provide support and residential assistance in the houses and apartments for primarily upper-level students. House & Apartment Managers support the mission of Residence Life & Housing by building and facilitating a strong community within the assigned area.
The selection process for House and Apartment Managers begins in December and continues through the spring. To apply, candidates participate in a process that includes:
- Completing an application, submitting a resume, and providing two references.
- Attending an individual interview which will take place in February.
Documents Needed to Apply
- HAM Application
- HAM Reference
- Returning RA Application
- CA Application
- CA Interview Sign Up
- CA Reference
RETURNING STAFF MEMBERS
Students who have worked for Residence Life & Housing as an RA, HAM, or CA for at least one semester as a Resident Advisor may apply for the following positions: