Medical insurance coverage is offered through Meritain Health, an Aetna Company (Choice POS II) and CVS Caremark administers the prescription drug coverage.
Go to https://cvshealth.com to access updates on how Meritain Health, an Aetna Company, and CVS Caremark are responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in relation to our medical and prescription drug insurance plans.
Meritain Health - an Aetna Company (Effective July 1, 2022)
New insurance cards were issued from Meritain Health with both Meritain Health medical insurance information and CVS Caremark prescription drug insurance coverage information included. Members will only need to use the new card for their medical and prescription needs effective July 1, 2022. Resource links below provide information on the Meritain Health insurance member portal and access to services such as Teladoc!
- Meritain Health Summary of Benefits & Coverage - effective July 1, 2022
- Meritain Health Summary Plan Document - effective July 1, 2022
- Meritain Health Benefit Overview
- Meritain Health Member Portal Web Guide - Members can register on the member portal as of July 1, 2022 and log in to view their member ID card, find a doctor, view claims and coverage. Contact Meritain Health customer service at 800-925-2272 for assistance.
- Meritain Health Provider Search Guide
- Meritain Health Preventive Care
- Meritain Health Teladoc Behavioral Health Program
- Meritain Health Mental Health Flyers
- Updates to Member Cancellation Policy for Teladoc® Mental Health Visits
- Meritain Health Mobile App for Android
- Meritain Health Mobile App for iPhone
Meritain Health Information Session
Tuesday, September 13
Stern Center, Room 102
1:30 and 3 p.m. (walk-in between 1:30 & 4:30)
Human Resource Services is pleased to offer employees the opportunity to learn more about our Meritain Health (an Aetna Company) medical insurance plan. As shared during Open Enrollment, Meritain now serves as Dickinson’s plan administrator. Representatives will be on campus to share information and answer your specific questions regarding the transition and the new medical/prescription insurance cards. Please join us for one of the 20-minute open informational sessions or stop by to ask any questions while our representatives are on campus.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I recently received my new Meritain Health card but it also has CVS Caremark printed on it. What should I do with my separate Aetna medical insurance card and separate CVS Caremark prescription drug coverage card?
A: The new Meritain Health card replaces both your Aetna and CVS cards effective July 1, 2022. You should use your (old) Aetna and CVS cards through June 30, 2022.
Q: I’m enrolled in the Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage with Meritain Health and CVS Caremark but never received a card?
A: Look for a plain, white envelope from Meritain Health in your USPS mail which will contain your new cards. Members who transitioned from Aetna to Meritain effective 7/1/22 were issued new cards in mid-June 2022.
Q: I have family medical/prescription coverage and only received two cards. Can I get more?
A: You may log in to your Meritain Health member account to view your card online, print it and request additional cards or call customer service.
Aetna Medical Insurance* benefits coverage for college employees ended on June 30, 2022. The information below is shown for reference purposes only:
- Aetna Navigator - Secure Aetna Member Website - first time users should register for an account by creating a secure user name and password
- Aetna Choice POS II Summary of Benefits effective July 1, 2018
- Aetna Choice POS II Summary of Benefits effective July 1, 2021
*Effective July 1, 2016, the College offered medical/prescription drug plan transitioned from HealthAmerica to Aetna (Choice POS II).
CVS Caremark - Prescription Benefit Manager since July 1, 2018
Go to https://cvshealth.com to access updates on how Aetna and CVS Caremark are responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in relation to our medical and prescription drug insurance plans.
CVS Caremark issues prescription drug ID cards to all members with the Aetna medical insurance.
- Register for a secure member account at www.caremark.com and be able to:
- Check drug cost and coverage
- Locate participating pharmacies
- View Plan Summary effective July 1, 2021
- View Plan Summary effective July 1, 2022 (no plan design changes)
- View the CVS Caremark Prescription Formulary
CVS Caremark Eligible Vaccinations effective July 1, 2021
CRX International - (Inception at Dickinson - May 1, 2014)
Access information for CRX International by visiting www.crxintl.com, and LOG-IN by entering the Web ID: DICKINSON
COVID-19 UPDATE: CRX is advising plan participants to use their Canadian address (below) when mailing correspondence to ensure they receive it and reduce delays in processing time.
235 Eugenie St. W., Suite 105D
Windsor, ON Canada N8X 2X7
In addition, it’s important to remember that all of the medications shipped to members from CRX contracted pharmacies in Canada, Australia and the U.K. are in the original factory sealed package and opened only at their final destination by the patient. Secondly, with a mail order program like CRX, the member receives their medication at their home and does not have to go to their local pharmacy and be in contact with others.
While CRX cannot predict future medication supply issues, they feel their model of issuing a 90-day supply of medication has their clients well-positioned in the event of a shortage. CRX has begun to reach out to patients coming due for refills in advance, and is willing to issue refills up to 30-days early for patients concerned about possible supply shortages.
CRX will continue to monitor the COVID-19 virus and adapt policies that protect the health and safety of both their employees and customers.
CRX is a cost saving international mail order drug program for brand name prescriptions from Tier-1 countries, administered by CRX International. This is a voluntary and safe program for employees and their dependents on Dickinson's group health plan which does not replace the prescription benefit included with the group health plan. Participation with CRX International is an opportunity for covered members to take an active role in their healthcare and reduce their out-of-pocket prescription expenses while helping to minimize the overall prescription cost to the Dickinson College group health plan.