The cost of a college education is a significant investment, and we understand that that cost is a major concern for most families.
Our cost of attendance does not reflect the total cost of educating a Dickinsonian; it has already been reduced by approximately 20 percent per student thanks to support from our endowment, alumni and foundation funds. An additional $52.8 million in institutional grants and scholarships was awarded in 2017-18. Our exclusively undergraduate, liberal-arts experience ensures all our resources support undergraduate students. The value of a Dickinson education is evidenced by the professional success of our graduates, our impressive 9:1 student-faculty ratio, our outstanding campus resources and our four-year graduation rate.
2018-19 Cost of Attendance
Direct Cost of Attendance (standard fees for which the student is billed)*
- Tuition and Student Activity Fees: $54,636
- Room and Meals: $13,698
- Total Direct Charges: $68,334
Indirect Costs (estimated additional expenses that vary for each student)
- Books: $1,250
- Personal Expenses: $1,830 **
- Total Indirect Costs: $3,080
Total Cost of Attendance $71,414
* Students who are not covered under a U.S. health-insurance policy will be billed for student health insurance. The cost for this health insurance for the 18-19 academic year is $1,857, to be billed in two equal installments, fall and spring.
** An additional allowance for travel expenses is estimated for families living outside of the mid-Atlantic region. The allowance is based upon distance from Dickinson College.