Homeland Security and Safety
Be aware of and report to Public Safety (717-245-1111):
- People in buildings or areas who do not appear to be there on legitimate business.
- People requesting information with no apparent need for that information.
- Abandoned packages or other items in unusual or high traffic areas.
- Multiple persons who appear to be working in unison, committing the above.
Be alert to:
- Abandoned vehicles.
- Unexpected/unfamiliar delivery trucks.
- Vehicles containing unusual/suspicious packages or materials.
- Substances leaking or spilling from vehicles.
- Don't prop open building/residence hall entrance doors/windows.
- Secure all areas when not attended.
- Be aware of unfamiliar persons in or visitors to your office/lab etc.
- Talk with co-workers or fellow students, know what is out of place or just doesn't look right.
In the event that a disaster or crisis arises, either on or off campus, that, in the judgment of the Chief of the Department of Public Safety or his/her designee, in consultation with other administrators, constitutes an ongoing or immediate threat, a campus wide alert will be issued via the Dickinson Red Alert System.
If you have any questions regarding the College's emergency plan, please feel free to contact the Department of Public Safety at 717-245-1349 (non-emergency number).