The Durden Athletic Training Center
View conceptual images of all projects.
The new athletics training center offers the size, equipment and accessibility that is capable of transforming our athletes from really good to great and our programs from successful to legendary.
—Suleiman Sudah ’15, all-conference lacrosse player
Thanks to a $6 million gift from Samuel G. Rose ’58 and Julie Walters, a new two-story, 22,000-square-foot athletics-training center will replace the current 1960s-era locker rooms at Dickinson’s recently renovated Biddle Field. The new facility will be named the Durden Athletic Training Center to honor the tenure of President William G. Durden ’71 and his wife, Dr. Elke Durden.
The new Durden Center will feature:
- separate locker rooms for men’s and women’s lacrosse, football, field hockey, coaches, officials and visiting teams
- a strength-training and free-weight room
- sports-medicine facilities
- a laundry and equipment room
- a team-meeting/event room with a viewing platform overlooking Biddle Field
- and an exhibition area to honor Dickinson athletics.
For Further Reading
$6 Million Gift to Launch Durden Center
See photos of the Kline Center and Durden Athletic Training Center projects.