If you would like one-on-one assistance with test-taking strategies, including addressing test anxiety, you can arrange for this support by emailing your availability for the coming week to SOAR@dickinson.edu.
Tips & Strategic Guidance
- Combatting Test Anxiety
- Essay, True/False, Multiple Choice & Short-Answer Test-taking Tips
- Top 10 - no, 11 Test-Taking Tips
- How to Study for a Math Test
- Test Prep Strategies to Reduce Test Anxiety
Interactive "Test Your Test-Readiness" Game
Informational & Tutorial Sites
- Brightstorm: A collection of video explanations of math and science concepts presented by teachers and professors skilled at taking that which is complex and breaking it down to provide clarity.
- Khan Academy: Looking for a little extra guidance with understanding a concept, strategy, or equations? Khan Academy features a library of over 3,000 learning videos covering everything from math to physics to finance to history.
- Wolfram/Alpha: An answer engine whose answers are computed based on data, rather than linking to other web pages. It can answer specific questions such as "How old was Barack Obama in 1972?" and can answer almost any math and science question thrown at it.
Online Flashcard/Study Sets
Need to learn a list of vocabulary or foreign words? Have to recall who made certain discoveries and when? Online flashcard programs are a great tool for learning and remembering. Read more to see which might be best for you...
- Quizlet Create your own sets with words or uploaded images and Quizlet will generate digital (printable) flashcards, matching games, and even practice tests. It can read and spell words aloud--even foreign words, and you can share sets you create with friends. It'll change the way you study!
- StudyBlue Downloadable to any platform, you can actually upload your notes to StudyBlue and then convert them into flashcards. Like Quizlet, you can create sets using your own text or select definitions of words from its millions of flashcards. You can enter audio and set up reminders to give you that nudge you may need to study.