Making Next-Gen Thinking Possible: Scholarships
There’s something both tangible and intangible about helping eager students afford a Dickinson education. The monetary value is apparent in dollars and cents; on the other side of those numbers lies an experience that might feel like living out a lifelong dream. Dickinson awards more than $40 million per year in scholarships and financial aid, and your gifts make the dream possible for the next generation of Dickinsonians.
“Every class I take, and every issue my professors cover, I’m pushed to question the status quo, to think of other ways of 'being' and 'doing.' Though I don’t always come up with an answer, the act of critical consideration has become natural, which I think is an essential state of mind in the 21st century.” —Julia Dolinger ’16
With your loyal support for scholarships and financial aid, students were able to follow their passions across a wide spectrum in 2015-16, including:
- exploring complex aspects of Latino immigration and creating interactive online tools to illustrate circumstances that lead to immigration
- initializing a program through which Dining Services donates its surplus food to the Salvation Army
- traveling to places like Costa Rica to study volcanoes and plate tectonics
- exploring a network of issues while presenting at the annual Research on Women, Gender and Sexuality (ROWGS) Student Symposium
- and undertaking a flurry of spring break service trips in such places as Detroit, New Orleans and Americus, Georgia.
“I have a passion for applied computer sciences. It always fascinates me how I can apply knowledge in my field to solve problems in other fields. But I guess that's what a liberal-arts education does.” —Asir Saeed ’16
How You Can Help Dickinson Students
Your scholarship gift open doors for deserving students who could not otherwise afford the opportunities of Dickinson’s distinctive, residential liberal-arts education. By providing this access, you are changing lives and shaping future leaders here on campus and beyond.
There are several ways you can provide scholarship support for Dickinson students:
- Establish a Dickinson Fund Scholarship.
- Establish an endowed scholarship.
- Contribute to Dickinson’s general scholarship fund (From Dickinson’s secure giving page, in the Designation field, choose “Scholarships” to support Dickinson’s current financial aid budget)
- Contribute to an existing named scholarship fund.
Learn more about the impact of scholarship gifts.