PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR HOUSING ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS FOR THE 2015-16 SCHOOL YEAR WAS MARCH 20, 2015.
This deadline was established to enable the College sufficient time to review requests and for consideration to be given to specific housing-related needs for students with disabilities before the complex housing assignment process for all Dickinson students begins. If you wish to seek a housing accommodation request for subsequent semesters, we urge you to take note of the guidance, notification information, and deadlines posted in the Disability Accommodation Request Procedures for College Housing.
If you have a need for a housing accommodation which arises for the first time after the deadline, email email@example.com to make it know that you will be submitting a post-deadline
Dickinson is a residential college and the residential experience is understood to be an integral part of a Dickinson education. Dickinson is fully committed to the full participation of students with disabilities in all aspects of College life, including residential life.
Please be advised that requests for particular housing assignments based on a student’s preference, rather than need, for a particular type of living environment, location, or desire for a quiet, undisturbed place to study, will not be honored. Accordingly, single room accommodations are reserved for individuals whose documentation illustrates substantial needs, and for whom a standard housing assignment with a roommate is not viable.
Students seeking a housing accommodation will need to submit the appropriate documentation to the Office of Disability Services (ODS). Documentation must include:
- Disability Disclosure and Accommodation Request - Students are to complete this online form through the ACCOMMODATE platform.
- Disability Documentation Form for College Housing - To be completed by the student's health care provider and sent directly to ODS via email, fax, or mail.
- Documentation of the disability - Please refer to our specific guidelines for proper documentation.
Documentation and requests should be submitted to ODS by one of the following means:Fax: 717-245-1618
Mail: Office of Disability Services, Dickinson College
Biddle House, P.O. Box 1773
Carlisle, PA 17013
The presentation of documentation does not automatically guarantee disability status or specific accommodations.
Housing Accommodation Request Deadlines:
- For current Dickinson students, the submission and review period for housing accommodation requests for the 2015-2016 school year is March 2-20, 2015. After this time (which allows for documentation review and communications with care providers), the housing lottery will take place, so it is critical that requests for accommodations take place before the March 20th deadline.
- For incoming Dickinson students, the submission and review period for housing accommodation requests for the 2015-16 school year is May 11- May 29, 2015. After this time, general housing assignments will be made, so it is critical that requests for accommodations be made by the May 29th deadline.
Again, for complete information regarding housing accommodations, you are encouraged to download Disability Accommodation Request for Housing - Procedures, Guidelines, and Deadlines.