First-Year Application Checklist
Dickinson is a Common Application member, which means that all application materials must be submitted through the CommonApp.org Web site. While issues with the Common App site are beyond our control, we want to do what we can to help you navigate the application process and we will do what we can to ensure that all of your application materials submitted to Dickinson are received.
- A completed Common Application with nonrefundable $65 fee (or fee waiver).
- Response to the Dickinson writing supplement (see prompts and get tips).
- Official secondary school transcript(s) listing all courses and grades, including senior year grades as soon as available (through the Common Application).
- Counselor recommendation (through the Common Application).
- Academic teacher recommendations (through the Common Application; one required, two recommended).
- Official SAT 1 or ACT test results (submission is optional for domestic applicants; must be indicated on Common Application).
- Early Decision candidates must also submit a signed Early Decision Agreement Form (through the Common Application).
- Financial-aid applicants must submit the 2014-15 CSS PROFILE (available beginning in October at www.collegeboard.org) by the selected application deadline.
- International students must also submit the Certification of Finances and International Student Financial Aid Application. Learn more on the international-student pages.
- Optional: Students who wish to submit supplementary art, music or theatre materials must do so through Slideroom as part of your Common Application.