Strategies for Academic Success (including Memory-Enhancement) Workshops
Workshops featuring how to manage your time (an important aspect of augmenting memory) and how to strategically study so you'll retain what you read and were taught will be offered every Thursday for the first eight weeks of the semester and then for three more weeks following Fall Pause. But don't wait -- go to the next available session! Each hands-on, customized-for-you workshop will take place on in the Biddle House Advising Lounge from 12:15-1:00. You are welcome to bring a bag lunch from the Caf's "Grab 'n Go." RSVPs to PeerAdvisors@dickinson.edu are appreciated.
To supplement these workshops, students can call SOAR at 717-245-1734 or go to a Peer Advisor at the Academic Advising desk in Biddle House to request one-on-one time management, organizational, and/or study strategy tutorial sessions with trained Peer Advisors, weekdays from noon to 4 p.m.
Online Flashcard/Study Sets
Need to learn a list of vocabulary or foreign words? Have to recall who made certain discoveries and when? Online flashcard programs are a great tool for learning and remembering. Read more to see which might be best for you...
- Quizlet: Create your own sets with words or uploaded images and Quizlet will generate digital (printable) flashcards, matching games, and even practice tests. It can read and spell words aloud--even foreign words, and you can share sets you create with friends. It'll change the way you study!
- StudyBlue Downloadable to any platform, you can actually upload your notes to StudyBlue and then convert them into flashcards. Like Quizlet, you can create sets using your own text or select definitions of words from its millions of flashcards. You can enter audio and set up reminders to give you that nudge to you may need to study.
- "What is the Best Study App?" (She chose StudyBlue)
- "Flip, Flip, Flip: Who is the King of Online Flashcards?" (He chose Quizlet)
- "My Top 5 Resources for the 1st Semester" (Praises both)