Preparing for your Appointment
You are welcome to drop by the Multilingual Writing Center, located on the main floor of the Waidner-Spahr Library, at any time during business hours to meet with a tutor. However, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment in advance.
Hours of Operation
Friday 2:30pm- 4:30pm
Because of the high demand for appointments, these guidelines aim to ensure that as many students as possible have the opportunity to make use of the MWC's services:
- Appointments are up to an hour long and begin on the half hour.
- You can have as many as one walk-in appointment per day.
- You can schedule in advance only two appointments.
- You can have up to three appointments on any one paper.
- If your paper is ten-fourteen pages long, you must e-mail it to your tutor 24 hours in advance of you appointment. If your paper is longer than fourteen pages, you must e-mail it to your tutor 48 hours in advance of your appointment.
Ways to make your appointment successful:
- Schedule appointments as far before the due date of the paper as possible.
- Bring your assignment sheet with you.
- Tell the tutor what concerns you have and what you would like to work on.
- Be an active participant in the session.
- Be open to making significant revisions if necessary.