The Goodyear Gallery is dedicated to showcasing the work of contemporary artists and student work. Gallery programming is focused on providing support to classes in the department and affording students the opportunity to learn from working artists through exhibition preparation, and maintaining and curating the gallery space. Most exhibitions have opening receptions that often include artist talks and are open to the general public. *The gallery is located in the rear of the Goodyear Building near the studio art facilities and can be accessed by using the Cedar Street parking lot entrance.
The Goodyear Project Wall
*The Goodyear Gallery, Goodyear Building (Cedar Street Entrance)
595 West Louther Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
Tuesday - Friday | 3-5pm
**Closed March 10-16
Upcoming events | Spring 2019
Fractured: Being and Beings
Exhibition runs from Jan. 21st – Feb 22nd
Opening Reception Wed. Feb. 6th from 5:30-7pm; Gallery Talk at 6pm
This exhibition, curated by Andrew Bale, highlights photographers whose work examines a fractured landscape; its inhabitants and their effects on it.
2018-19 Studio Art Post-Baccalaureate in Residence, Becky Deihl: Was That a Question?
Exhibition runs from Mar. 4th-30th
Reception Wed. Mar. 20th from 5:30-7pm; Gallery Talk at 6pm
Department of Art & Art History Post-baccalaureate in residence, Becky Deihl, will exhibit her fantasy-like multi-media works that explore common themes through unexpected approaches.
Christopher Hartshorne, 2019 Sylvia Smith '73 Artist in Residence
Exhibtion runs from Apr. 8th to May 4th
Opening Reception Wed. Apr. 10th from 5:30-7pm; Gallery Talk at 6pm
Christopher Hartshorne, an artist who works in printmaking will exhibit work made during his spring residency made possible through the generosity of Slyvia Smith class of 1973.
Past events include:
- Ellie Krakow: Beige Negative. | January 2018
- Barbara Diduk: Clay Life Memorial Exhibition in Goodyear Gallery and Goodyear Ceramics Building | February 2018
- Sif Ankergård Sylvia J. Smith ’73 Artist-in-Residence | March and April 2018
- Senior Works in Progress Exhibition | November 2017
- Lindsay Deifik: Recent Works | October 2017
- Rebecca Murtaugh: Substance | September 2017
- Shoshannah White: Sylvia J. Smith ’73 Artist-in-Residence | March and April 2017
- Joelle Cicak: Murmuration | February 2017
- Rachel Eng: Yet Unseen | January 2017
- Senior Works in Progress Exhibition | November 2016
- Kate Stewart (Alum of 1998) and Goodyear Gallery Mural | October 2016
- Michael Yoder | Kahn Project | October 2016
- The Ese'Eja People of the Amazon: Connected by a Thread | September 2016
- Daniel Finch and Brenton Good: Impulse & Deliberation | October 2015
- Amy Boone-McCreesh: Tint and Repeat | September 2015
- Emily Lehman, Post-Baccalaureate | April-May 2015.
- Sylvia J. Smith Artist in Residence: Feng Weina | March 16-27 2015
- Meandering the Midst: paintings by Michael Wille | February 2015
- Senior Works in Progress Exhibition | November 2014
- Tom Fischer | October 2014
- Phillip Adams | September 2014
- Arnie & Izzy Zimmerman | April 2014
- Heccentricities | January 2014
- Senior Works in Progress Exhibition | November 2013
- Caroline Santa | October 2013
- William Dibello | September 2013
You can review previous event information and future information by following our event blog or our facebook page. Subscribe to our events: