Skip To Content Skip To Menu Skip To Footer

High School Enrichment

Dickinson College welcomes area high school students who wish to supplement their studies by taking one or two courses at the College during the regular academic year. Students must get permission from their school and carefully plan their schedules. Students sometimes must also undergo placement assessment to determine the proper level of study.

Eligibility: Any qualified junior or senior in an area high school who has the school’s permission may attend classes at the College if he/she has completed the continuing education application process and has submitted the required forms.

Advising: Non-matriculated students are advised by the Registrar/Director of Continuing Education.


  • Qualified high school students are welcome on a space-available basis.
  • Registration for part-time, non-matriculated students occurs during the add/drop period – the first week of classes for the term.
  • Students are limited to two courses per semester.
  • Students must be attending classes the first week of the semester.
  • Students will have access to the campus library, but do not have access to the athletic facilities.
  • Part-time students are not eligible for participation in college-sponsored clubs and organizations.


  • Course listings are available online through the Registrar’s web page: Select Class Schedule Search from the menu on the left. To help you determine possible availability, click on the class title link. This will show you the capacity and actual registered students. Keep in mind that even though there may be seats remaining, certain seats are saved for incoming first-year students in the fall. This information can be found on the Priorities web page. Classes at maximum capacity any time prior to the start of classes are not eligible. 
  • First-time applicants will need to complete the High School Student Application for Continuing Education Admission and provide the following required documentation:
    • Letter of permission from a school official (principal or guidance counselor);
    • Copy of Official Transcript
  • An interview with the Registrar/Director of Continuing Education may be required.
  • Since you will be a non-matriculating student, you will also need to submit the Continuing Education Add Permission Form. We recommend that you contact the Professor of the course you select as you will need their approval on the form.
  • Request the instructor’s permission to attend the class. If granted, have the form signed by the instructor and return it to the Registrar’s Office.
  • All forms must be received and processed, and meetings confirmed with the Registrar prior to the beginning of the semester.
  • Students MUST be attending class by the end of the Add/Drop period.
  • Students are eligible to receive a college ID card which may be obtained in the Dining Services ID Office, located on the upper level of the Holland Union Building (east corridor). This embossed photo identification card will ensure that you have access to campus buildings, including the library.
  • Temporary parking permits can be obtained in the Public Safety Office in the Kaufman Building (145 Cherry Street).
  • The Continuing Education Program is managed by the Registrar’s Office Administrative Assistant, Lynn Sullivan. If you have any questions, please contact Lynn at

Course Limit & Transfer Credit:

  • Students may take two courses per semester. The student may ask that courses taken for academic credit at Dickinson College be considered for transfer credit at another institution by asking the Registrar to send the student’s Dickinson transcript to that institution.
  • Students can also audit courses. The instructor stipulates the requirements of the course for all auditors early in the semester.  No academic credit is given for auditing.


  • Fees for part-time non-matriculated students can be found on this link to the Financial Operations web page. Please contact the Student Accounts Office at with any questions regarding fees.
  • All students, including those not pursuing a Dickinson degree, pay a one-time transcript fee of $25 (payable by check only). This fee allows them to request their official Dickinson transcript as often as necessary in the future.
  • Dickinson Employees should contact Human Resource Services at for information regarding eligibility for tuition remission.