Skip To Content Skip To Menu Skip To Footer

Adult Continuing Education

The Adult Continuing Education program at Dickinson College is designed for non-matriculated students who desire to take one or two courses per term. Courses may be taken for credit or non-credit (audit).

Eligibility:         Anyone who has graduated from high school (or has earned a G.E.D.) and is returning to school without the intent of receiving a Dickinson College degree is a candidate for the Continuing Education Program.

Advising:          Non-matriculated students are advised by the Registrar/Director of Continuing Education.


  • Students are welcome on a space-available basis and with approval from the professor.
  • Registration for part-time, non-matriculated students occurs during the add/drop period – the first week of classes for the term.
  • All forms must be received and processed, and meetings confirmed with the Registrar prior to the beginning of the semester.
  • Students may begin attending classes the first week of the semester.
  • Students are limited to two courses per semester.
  • Students may take no more than FOUR courses for credit in the Continuing Education track and only upon the recommendation of the Director of Admissions. All students considering applying to Dickinson College must contact the Admissions Office prior to enrolling in any classes through Continuing Education.
  • Students who are not seeking a degree or are auditing classes may continue in the program indefinitely.
  • TOEFL scores may be required for those students who have been in the United States for fewer than five years.
  • Students have access to the campus library.
  • Part-time students are not eligible for participation in college-sponsored clubs and organizations.


  • Course listings are available online through the Registrar’s web page: Select Class Schedule Search from the menu. To help you determine possible availability, click on the class title link. This will show you the capacity and actual registered students. Keep in mind that even though there may be seats remaining, certain seats are saved for incoming first-year students in the fall.
  • First-time applicants will need to complete the Continuing Education Application Form
  • Since you will be a non-matriculating student, each semester you will also need to submit the Continuing Education Add Permission Form. We recommend that you contact the Professor of the course to introduce yourself prior to submitting the form as you will need their approval on the form.
  • Once submitted, if the professor approves, they will contact the Registrar’s Office with their permission.
  • Students MUST be attending class by the end of the Add/Drop period.
  • Students are eligible to receive a college ID card which may be obtained in the Dining Services ID Office, located on the upper level of the Holland Union Building (east corridor). This photo identification card will ensure that you have access to campus buildings, including the library.
  • Temporary parking permits can be obtained in the Public Safety Office in the Kaufman Building (145 Cherry Street)
  • The Continuing Education Program is managed by the Registrar's Office Administrative Assistant, Lynn Sulivan. If you have any questions, please contact Lynn at


  • Fees for part-time non-matriculated students can be found on this link to the Financial Operations web page. Please contact the Student Accounts Office at with any questions regarding fees.
  • All students, including those not pursuing a Dickinson degree, pay a one-time transcript fee of $25 (payable by check only) or contact Student Accounts. This fee allows them to request their official Dickinson transcript as often as necessary in the future.
  • Senior Scholars – The senior citizen audit fee is applicable to students who are 55+ years old.
  • Dickinson Employees should contact Human Resource Services at for information regarding eligibility for tuition remission.