Walk into the music department on a typical day, and you will find students and faculty working together to answer crucial cultural questions.
- What makes a great piece of music compelling?
- How can art address social problems?
- How might performance create empathy between individuals?
- What ethical dilemmas do scholars and performers face in their creative work?
- How does one evaluate an expressive medium such as composition?
- How has music been harnessed for humanistic and political gains?
These are the types of interdisciplinary conversations we are having in our classrooms, performance studios, practice rooms, rehearsals, and on our concert stage. If you love making, performing, or thinking about music, we invite you to join our supportive and expressive community.
Associate Professor of Music
Weiss 207, Weiss Center for the Arts