By choosing to participate in the informal resolution process, you have taken responsibility for your actions and are not disputing the facts of what occurred.  Outcomes of information resolution do not appear on a student or organization's conduct record unless additional violations occur. 

To prepare for your informal resolution meeting:

  • Review the community standards
  • Request a copy of the incident report from the Dean of Students Office
  • Be prepared to discuss the incident, ways to resolve the incident and how to present its reoccurrence

Students who do not want to resolve the incident through informal resolution have the option to request that the situation be resolved through an administrative hearing.

Informal resolutions are mutually agreed upon decisions and as such do not have the ability to be appealed. 

The Conduct Process   |  Appeal Process
Student Conduct Frequently Asked Questions

For questions please contact Elizabeth Farner, Assistant Dean of Students, at 717-245-1676 or  The Dean of Students Office is located in the upper level of the Holland Union Building.