Recruitment & Selection Process
The application process for Resident Advisors, House & Apartment Managers, and Community advisors starts in December. Please check back in December for updated information about the application process.
The primary selection process occurs during the spring semester. However, in the fall a small number of positions may need to be filled for the upcoming spring semester. The positions are filled typically by alternates from our previous spring semester or past RAs returning from being abroad. However, in the event that we are unable to fill all positions using those two groups, additional candidates may be considered.
Resident Advisor Position (new staff)
The Resident Advisor (RA) position plays an integral role within Residence Life & Housing. Students selected to assume this important leadership role will have significant, focused responsibility for residential life in an assigned area. RAs are enthusiastic students and leaders who have a direct influence on campus culture and develop valuable leadership skills such as communication, building rapport, and managing conflict while making a substantive contribution to the campus community.
Resident Advisor recruitment & selection process will start in December and will continue during the spring semester. The selection process is designed to help applicants get to know new people, learn about themselves, and gain important skills. To apply, candidates participate in a rigorous selection process that includes:
- Completing an application with resume, attending group process on February 20, and providing one reference.
- Attending an individual interview which will take place the week of February 21.
Qualifications to Apply
- Applicants must be a currently enrolled full-time student who has completed one semester.
- Candidates must have demonstrated exemplary personal conduct in accordance with the Community Standards.
- Students currently on stayed suspension or suspension will not be considered for the position.
- Repeated behavioral or conduct related issues may also result in candidates being removed from the selection process.
- Willingness to give priority commitment to the RA position.
- Maintain a 2.75 or higher semester and cumulative GPA throughout the course of employment.
- Completed at least 8 credits before the fall 2022 semester.
- Must return early for both fall and spring academic terms for RA training and are expected to stay on campus until residence halls close for the semester.
- Will serve in an on-call rotation with other RAs periodically over the course of the academic year.
- Maintain exemplary personal conduct in accordance with the Community Standards.
- Assist in necessary aspects of the Residence Life & Housing program including opening, RA selection, closing as well as roommate agreements.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at Dickinson College to be eligible to apply.
- Priority is given to candidates applying for the full academic year.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Resident Advisor Position Agreement
- New application link
- Resident Advisor Reference Form
- Scheduled Resident Advisor Interview Time
- RA applications are live!
- RA applications due - Sunday, February 13, 2022, by 11:59pm EST
- RA Group Process - Sunday, February 20, 2022 from 12pm to 6pm EST
- RA references due - Sunday, February 20, 2022, by 11:59pm EST
- RA Individual Interviews - week of February 21, 2022
- Offers will be sent on a rolling basis, starting mid-March
House & Apartment Manager Position (new staff)
House and Apartment Managers provide support and residential assistance in the houses and apartments for primarily upper-level students. House & Apartment Managers support the mission of Residence Life & Housing by building and facilitating a strong community within the assigned area.
The selection process for House and Apartment Managers begins in December and continues through the spring. To apply, candidates participate in a process that includes:
- Completing an application, submitting a resume, and providing one reference.
- Attending an individual interview which will take place in February.
Documents Needed to Apply
RETURNING STAFF MEMBERS
Students who have worked for Residence Life & Housing as an RA, HAM, or CA for at least one semester as a Resident Advisor may apply for the following positions: