Although you are welcome to drop by the Eberly Writing Center any time during business hours to meet with a tutor, we strongly recommend that you make an appointment in advance. To make an appointment, call the Writing Center at 717-245-1620 or drop by any time we are open.
Hours of OperationSunday 12:00pm-10:30pm
Because of the high demand for appointments, these guidelines aim to ensure that as many students as possible have the opportunity to make use of the Writing Center's services:
- Appointments are up to 45 minutes long.
- You can have as many as one walk-in appointment per day.
- You can schedule in advance only two appointments.
- You can have up to three appointments on any one paper.
- If your paper is ten-fourteen pages long, you must e-mail it to your tutor 24 hours in advance of your appointment. If your paper is longer than fourteen pages, you must e-mail it to your tutor 48 hours in advance of your appointment.
- Schedule appointments as far before the due date of the paper as possible.
- Bring your assignment sheet with you.
- Tell the tutor what concerns you have and what you would like to work on.
- Be an active participant in the session.
- Be open to making significant revisions if necessary.