Information for New Faculty
Mary Ann Leidigh, x1890
SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- Assigned by the Registrar with consideration for course needs. Reason for change: accessibility issues for either students or instructor or if class size has exceeded capacity of room. Request for changes at this time of year go to CASE (Conferences and Special Events)Office.
COURSE ENROLLMENTS / CLASS LISTS
- Courses already have registered students; capacities as listed on the Web. Class lists are available via Banner Self-Service or CLIQ through the Dickinson Gateway first-year students have access to make changes beginning in mid-August; upperclass students beginning on the Saturday before classes begin.
FIRST CLASS MEETING
- VERIFY ENROLLMENT. PASS OUT SYLLABI. If you are giving a final exam, it is scheduled based on class meeting time - see Final Exam Schedule on the Registrar's Web site Faculty page. Inform Registrar's Office as soon as Add/Drop is over if there are discrepancies.
- Students will add/drop using Banner Self-Service through the Dickinson Gateway. You can check your enrollments via Banner Self-Service (real-time enrollment changes) or CLIQ (updated overnight) through the Dickinson Gateway.
ROLL CALL (MID-TERM)
- A required grading period for ALL students. S,U,I,NE grades are entered by faculty through Banner Self-Service on the Dickinson Gateway. "U"nsatisfactory = C- or below. Last opportunity to inform Registrar's Office of enrollment discrepancies.
- A student may elect to withdraw from a course (a "W" will appear on transcript) only twice during her/his career. Exception: if a student withdraws from the college on or before last day of class, all grades converted to "W" grades. See the College Bulletin for information regarding the health-related withdrawal option.
COURSE REQUEST PERIOD
- Course offerings for Spring semester determined at the departmental level in response to a call from the Registrar's Office in August.
- Finals examination may NOT be scheduled during class meetings or reading period. Only scheduled final exam times may be used.
- Our policy regarding late grades is not to have any! For additional Information, see Academic Policies and Procedures in the College Bulletin.