Safety Data Sheets
Use the following list of links to access the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for chemicals in your area. If you cannot locate an SDS, call the Department of Compliance & Enterprise Risk Management at 717-245-1495 for assistance, or the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 717-245-1111 if it is an emergency.
Access to the college's chemical database Quartzy (below) requires a username and password. For access to Quartzy, contact the Safety & Emergency Management Specialist. For general access to SDS resources, click one of the links below.
SDS and Chemical Information from Manufacturers
- Cole Parmer: Chemical Compatability/Reactivity Database
- Difco Laboratories/BD Biosciences SDS
- Eastman Kodak MSDS
- Ecolab Inc.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation SDS
- Fisher Scientific Catalog and SDS
- Hewlett-Packard Toners and Inks
- Mallinckrodt Laboratory Chemicals (Avantor Performance Materials) Online SDS
- Praxair, Inc.
- Sigma, Aldrich, Fluka, Supelco, Riedel-deHaen (Go to the SDS section or the CofA section. You must register, for free, to access SDS)
- VWR Scientific SDS
SDS and Chemical Information from Governmental Agencies
- Agency for Toxic Substance and Disease Registry (ATSDR) Databases
- Biosafety Related SDSs (LCDC Canada)
- Department of Homeland Security Chemicals of Interest
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Carcinogen listing
- NIH National Library of Medicine Specialized Information Services (TOXNET, ChemID, SuperLists)
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
- US NOAA Database of Hazardous Materials
- OSHA Toxic and Hazardous Substances