Page updated June 17, 2021.
February 6, 2020 Agreement Email:
The Presidential Working Group (PWG) is moving forward in an expedient manner to complete the items listed within the Title IX Agreement.
As of March 17, 2020 we are meeting remotely, and will continue to do so for the remainder of the Spring semester.
Below are the actions taken on the agreement.
Actions taken on the February 6, 2020 Agreement:
February 17, 2020 Update
March 2020 Update
April 2020 Update
May 2020 Update
July 2020 Update
August 2020 Update
September 2020 Update
October 2020 Update
November 2020 Update
December 2020 Update
January 2021 Update
February 2021 Update
March 2021 Update
April 2021 Update
May 2021 Update
June 2021 Update
February 17, 2020 Update
- 1.a. February 17, 2020 -- Completed & Policy Revised
- 1.c. February 27, 2020 -- Presidential Working Group formed Subcommittees to bring forward recommendations
- 1.d. February 17, 2020 -- Completed & Policy Revised
- 1.e. February 17, 2020 -- Completed & Policy Revised
- 1.f. February 17, 2020 -- Completed & Policy Revised
- 1.g. February 17, 2020 -- Completed & Policy Revised
March 1, 2020 Update
- 2.a. February 27, 2020 –Subcommittee formed to address and make recommendations to the Working Group
- 2.b. February 27, 2020 – Referred to Department of Public Safety to form committee to address
- 2.c. February 27, 2020 – We have contracted with D. Stafford & Associates to conduct the required audit of the Title IX annual report and the Clery Report.
- 3.a. February 27, 2020 – Referred to Department of Public Safety to form a committee to address
- 3.b. February 27, 2020 – Referred to Department of Public Safety to form a committee to address
- 3.c. February 27, 2020 – Cost to conduct an annual Sexual Assault Climate Survey by a 3rd party vendor has been added as an on-going annual line-item to the departmental budget.
- 3.d. February 27, 2020 –Subcommittee formed to address and make recommendation to the Working Group
- 3.e. February 27, 2020 – Subcommittee formed to address and make recommendation to the Working Group
- 3.f. February 27, 2020 – Subcommittee formed to address and make recommendation to the Working Group
- 3.g. February 27, 2020 -- The college has posted the position of Investigator, and has contracted with D. Stafford & Associates to conduct investigations until the position is filled.
April 1, 2020 Update
- 1.b. March 31, 2020 – PWG has discussed draft from Subcommittee
- 3.g. March 31, 2020 – Initial interviews for the Investigator position are scheduled for 3/31-4/1.
May 1, 2020 Update
- 1.b. May 1, 2020 – Completed. Reviewed the Sexual Harassment and Misconduct policy (SMP) to ensure that all types of sexual and gender-based misconduct are clearly defined. We are fully in compliance with federal regulations and certain sections of our policy, for example, our definition of what is and what is not Consent exceeds that which is provided as guidance by VAWA regulations. Also confirmed that our policy is clear and that it applies to and protects all persons against sexual and gender-based discrimination on our campus and in our programs, and thus we provide inclusive and equitable procedures for all persons engaging with the Title IX and Sexual Respect Office. The recommended sanction range for persons found responsible for all types of prohibited sexual and gender-based misconduct as defined in the SMP was updated.
- 1.c. May 1, 2020 -- In Progress. Subcommittee has produced a plan to implement after all changes outlined in the Agreement are completed for communicating changes and obtaining feedback, including anonymous comments.
- 2.a. May 1, 2020 – Completed. Our current Annual Title IX Report has been reformatted to include information on duration and aggregated relevant and verified demographic information.
- 2.b. May 1, 2020 – Completed. The committee has been formed and includes all relevant partners across the college (faculty, staff, students). Will continue to work during summer to allow for the on-time publication of the 2020 Annual Security Report in September 2020
- 3.d. May 1, 2020 -- In Progress. The development of a training module for faculty and staff is well underway and we expect to begin delivery of the training in Fall 2020. Also developing assessment plan as well as updating other educational materials. The Subcommittee anticipates completion during summer 2020.
- 3.e. & 3.f May 1, 2020 -- In Progress. We are conducting review of relevant existing policies; work will continue over summer.
- 3.g. May 1, 2020 -- In Progress. On schedule to have Investigator onboard at the beginning of the fall semester. Subcommittee regarding Wellness Center and 24/7 support is conducting review of current practice and capacity; work will continue into the 20-21 academic year.
Title IX Agreement Updates: June 2021
- 1A, Completed, Sanction revised
- 1B, Completed, Prohibited conduct definitions revised
- 1C, Completed, Anonymous feedback and comment platform developed
- 1D, Completed, Timeline for cases revised
- 1E, Completed, Weekly updates for parties revised
- 1F, Completed, Policy revised – copy of case materials upon request provided to parties
- 1G, Competed, Policy revised – No contact/no communication directives
- 2A, Completed, Annual report reformatted to include aggregate demographic data
- 2B, Completed, Clery committee formed
- 2C, Completed, Contracted with D. Stafford to complete Clery Report review
- 3A, In Progress, Safety Cellular App (LiveSafe implementation Summer 2021)
- 3B, Completed, Blue Boxes are checked on monthly basis
- 3C, Completed, HEDS Climate Survey
- 3D, Completed, Faculty and Staff Training - How to professionally and compassionately support survivors (YWCA and DVSCP advocates developed)
- 3E, Completed, Policy revised – persons in positions of authority are subject to disciplinary action following allegations
- 3F, Completed, Policy revised – persons in position of authority will be assessed to determine employment status after allegations reported
- 3G, In progress, Staff Psychologist/Counselor and Trauma Prevention and Education Coordinator Position Search in progress
- 3H, Completed, Information about legal options posted to website