We encourage complementing study with activities that provide opportunities for language practice so that you may engage language in context inside and outside the classroom. We encourage you to. . .
- Go regularly to Mesa de español and/or the Mesa de português.
- Take advantage of your professor’s office hours.
- Seek opportunities to speak with the many native Spanish and Portuguese speakers on campus, including our student assistants from Málaga and Argentina, as well as our Fulbright TA or OSA from Brazil.
- Watch television in Spanish [Univisión, Telemundo, etc.] or Portuguese [Globo, etc.]
- Study in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Mendoza, Argentina; Cuenca, Ecuador; or Málaga, Spain.
- Get to know our language technologist, Todd Bryant, and learn about the available opportunities for additional practice using video, audio and interactive technologies.