The Purchasing Services department is available to assist college faculty and staff in the purchase, reuse and disposal of college products and services. The following sections highlight some of the centralized services offered to help achieve this goal in accordance with the college’s procurement guidelines.
- Purchasing Services is dedicated to improving sustainability prac-tices at Dickinson through responsible and efficient purchasing, use/reuse and disposal of resources. Through the development and administration of policies and procedures, we will serve as an exemplary steward of the college’s resources by facilitating the acquisition and disposal process, while striving to minimize risk to the college.
- Vendors with sustainability policies and practices
- Guernsey Sustainability Information
- Staples Sustainability Information
For more information on procurement and Accounts Payable policies and procedures, including travel and sales tax exemptions, please visit the Accounts Payable page.
Dickinson Purchasing Portal—ESM
- Dickinson’s purchasing portal (hosted by ESM) allows departments to purchase from commonly used vendors at pre-negotiated discounted rates. All purchases are made online through vendor catalogs and are charged to individual purchasing cards. The college’s sales tax exemptions have been pre-loaded into the portal.
- As part of the college’s sustainable mission, we have highlighted sustainable policies in place for ESM vendors.
- For more information, and to gain access to the ESM icon on the Gateway, please contact Kristen Chirillo at X-8166, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dickinson College ESM User Manual
Federal Property Surplus Program
- This program provides federal surplus property such as medical equipment, office supplies, furniture, kitchen equipment and much more to eligible educational institutions such as Dickinson College. Property no longer wanted or needed by federal agencies becomes surplus and available for purchase at a nominal service charge to cover the costs of administering the program. Through this program, the state of Pennsylvania is able to place millions of dollars’ worth of property back into public use.
- To gain access to this purchasing method please contact Kristen Chirillo at X-8166, or email@example.com.
- Program Eligibility Letter
- Preview of surplus property available at the Harrisburg facility
Disposition of Goods (Surplus Property)
- Purchasing Services is also available to assist departments with the proper disposition of college goods, including the potential sale of any goods deemed to have a residual value. The Director of Facilities Reporting and Budget Management will help establish a fair value based on comparable sales in external markets and identify a low-cost, sustainable method of sale (or disposal).
- Dickinson College Surplus Property Policy
- Dickinson College Declaration of Surplus Property
- You can view a current listing of the college’s assets for sale on Craig’s List.