September 11, 2019 (Every week)
Assisting students in transitioning from a student leader to an involved Dickinson alum and engaged citizen.
The Senior Leadership Institute leadership experience will assist students in transitioning from a student leader to an involved Dickinson alum and engaged citizen. Students will participate in weekly workshops related to career preparation, life skills, active citizenship, and personal leadership development. Additionally, they will collaborate with a local nonprofit organization to understand organizational management and the significance of being involved in the surrounding community.
By participating in the Senior Leadership Institute, students will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of civic engagement and develop strategies for getting involved in their communities
- Describe and practice skills for job success, effective communication, and financial management
- Summarize the qualities of a local nonprofit organization and its contributions to the community
- Identify qualities of personal and professional leadership in themselves and others
- Develop a perspective of lifelong learning and involvement with Dickinson College