The Goodyear Gallery serves the department of art & art history, the college community, by showcasing the work of contemporary and emerging artists, and studio art senior seminar work, which is an annual exhibition that takes place each fall. Gallery programming is focused on providing support to classes in the department and affording students the opportunity to learn from working artists by installing shows, and maintaining and curating the gallery space. Most exhibitions have opening receptions that often include artist talks and are open to the general public. *The gallery is located in the rear of the Goodyear Building near the studio art facilities and can be accessed by using the Cedar Street parking lot entrance.
The Goodyear Project Wall
The Goodyear Project Wall is located outside of the Goodyear Gallery and is dedicated to large-scale public art projects that are collaborative in nature. The inaugural project for the wall took place in September of 2013 and featured a collaborative project between artist Paul Manlove and a group of fourteen students and faculty.
*The Goodyear Gallery, Goodyear Building (Cedar Street Entrance)
595 West Louther Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
Tuesday - Friday | 3-5pm
**Closed March 14-18
Upcoming events | Spring 2017
- Rachel Eng: Yet Unseen
Opening Reception: Tuesday, January 31st, 5:30-7pm
Exhibition runs until February 11th. Using multiple materials, Visiting Assistant Professor of Art in Ceramics Rachel Eng highlights the ephemeral and immortal qualities of clay. Her work considers aspects of the controlled and unpredictable in relation to our changing environment.
Joelle Cicak: Murmuration
Opening Reception: Tuesday, February 21st, 5:30-7pm
Exhibition runs until March 10th. Joelle Cicak, the Department of Art & Art History’s post-bac artist-in-residence for 2016-2017, will exhibit pieces that include sculptural ceramics and works on paper.
Shoshannah White: Sylvia J. Smith ’73 Artist-in-Residence
Opening Reception: Tuesday, March 21st, 5:30-7pm
Exhibition runs until April 22nd. Sylvia J. Smith ’73 Artist-in-Residence Shoshannah White will spend six weeks on campus this spring, working in photography and installation. Her exhibition will highlight work produced during her residency.
Past events include:
- Senior Works in Progress Exhibition | November 2016
- Kate Stewart (Alum of 1998) and Goodyear Gallery Mural | October 2016
- Michael Yoder | Kahn Project | October 2016
- The Ese'Eja People of the Amazon: Connected by a Thread | September 2016
- Daniel Finch and Brenton Good: Impulse & Deliberation | October 2015
- Amy Boone-McCreesh: Tint and Repeat | September 2015
- Emily Lehman, Post-Baccalaureate | April-May 2015.
- Sylvia J. Smith Artist in Residence: Feng Weina | March 16-27 2015
- Meandering the Midst: paintings by Michael Wille | February 2015
- Senior Works in Progress Exhibition | November 2014
- Tom Fischer | October 2014
- Phillip Adams | September 2014
- Arnie & Izzy Zimmerman | April 2014
- Heccentricities | January 2014
- Senior Works in Progress Exhibition | November 2013
- Caroline Santa | October 2013
- William Dibello | September 2013
You can review previous event information and future information by following our event blog or our facebook page. Subscribe to our events: