Dickinson launched its Small-Business Directory in 2020 as a way to celebrate, share and support alumni-owned enterprises. Businesses are submitted by alumni and organized by category, ranging from home goods and health to sustainability and charitable services. There are now more than 200 listings in the directory, and we’ll highlight a few of these businesses in each issue. Here are a few from the travel, leisure and entertainment category.
- BUCKS COUNTY ACADEMY OF FENCING (Mark Holbrow ’74; Lambertville, N.J., and Hatfield, Pa.) Teaching the Olympic sport of fencing since 1981.
- FERNLEAF TRAVEL (Angela Caes ’01; Redding, Conn.) A boutique travel company focused on planning exceptional, personalized travel experiences.
- SIERRA MEADOWS (Reid Spice ’95; Ahwahnee, Calif.) A glamping resort complete with tiny cabins near Yosemite National Park.
- THE LONELY ANGLER (Benjamin Wilson ’96; Silver Spring, Md.) A father/son business of handcrafted fishing lures.
- THE MOUNTAINEER (Nancy Paternotte Wise ’93; Keene Valley, N.Y.) Outdoor specialty store and purveyor of fine mountaineering and outdoor equipment.
- THE NOISE GROUP (Rick Raymond ’07; Greater New York City area) A one-stop shop to book venues or travel accommodations for personal or corporate events
Read more from the fall 2021 issue of Dickinson Magazine.
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
Published November 18, 2021