Attention: The QR Center will be operating in-person for the Fall 2021 semester. Should the Covid-19 pandemic cause a disruption to the academic program, please revisit our website for updates.
The Quantitative Reasoning Center supports students in any course with quantitative content—whether in mathematics, science, social science, or the humanities. Our QR tutors and Quantitative Reasoning Associates (QRAs) have been recommended by faculty and trained in techniques based in the science of learning. As such, they help students learn how to learn.
QR tutors have dual purposes:
- To assist students in general quantitative areas
- To assist students with discipline-specific courses based on the tutor’s area of expertise.
The general quantitative areas that our QR tutors can assist students with are:
- Organizing an Excel spreadsheet
- Making graphs in Excel
- Using a scientific calculator
- Computing statistics with or without a graphing calculator
- Analyzing data sets
- Calculating unit conversions
- Understanding the order of operations
- Reviewing for the quantitative portion of the GRE
Please click here to view the current tutor schedule. Please visit the "Tutors by Courses" tab to identify tutors who can help with your specific course.