Pre-Orientation: Explore More Adventures
Pre-Orientation: Explore More programs are optional interactive experiences for small groups of incoming students hosted by campus departments, offices, and student groups. They will introduce students to distinctive aspects of Dickinson and enable participants to:
- Gain a sense of belonging from the connections they make with their peers, upper-class students, and faculty/staff in their program.
- Familiarize themselves with Dickinson’s campus and/or the nearby community.
- Gain skills and/or knowledge specific to the program of their choosing.
- Gain exposure to co-curricular opportunities (campus clubs and organizations, centers and offices) that support Dickinson’s values for interdisciplinary academics, arts and culture, global education, civic engagement, sustainability, student wellness, and equity and inclusion.
The dates for the 2023 Pre-Orientation: Explore More are Sunday, August 20 – Tuesday, August 22.
Sunday, August 20:
- 8-11 a.m. (your residence hall) - Move in for pre-orientation
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (Dining Hall) - Lunch for pre-orientation students and families
- 1:00 p.m. (Anita Tuvin Schlechter Auditorium) - Welcome ceremony for pre-orientation students & families
- Pre-orientation programs begin promptly after the welcome
**Parents and families will not be able to access the residence halls after the pre-orientation programs begin
Tuesday, August 22
- Last day of pre-orientation programs
Wednesday, August 23
- Orientation begins for all incoming Dickinson students
There is a registration fee for each Pre-Orientation: Explore More program. The registration fee supports the logistics of the program, staffing, as well as students who may need financial assistance to participate in the program. The cost varies depending on the experience and time each program offers and is broken down into three (3) tiers:
You must pay in full when you register—note there is a $50 non-refundable deposit. Students are only able to participate in one optional pre-orientation experience. If you would like to be considered for a fee waiver, email email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to reach out about a waiver—we want EVERYONE who is interested to have an opportunity to participate.
The registration deadline has been extended to July 31! Register at http://dickinson.universitytickets.com.
An Explore More group posed for a photo at the top of Pole Steeple!