Permits & Vehicle Registration

All members of the Dickinson College faculty, administration and staff and upperclass students who are currently enrolled in Dickinson College are authorized to use motor vehicles on the Dickinson campus, in Carlisle or in the immediate vicinity of Carlisle. Dickinson parking decals are required to park on property under the control of the college. Please note that persons plannning to use more than one motor vehicle must register each vehicle separately. Vehicles should be registered immediately upon being brought to campus.

There is no charge to register your vehicle and obtain a Dickinson parking decal. All persons associated with Dickinson College who expect to park a motor vehicle on campus at any time should acquire a Dickinson parking decal. It should be understood that this does not guarantee the registrant a parking space in any particular campus lot.

How to Register a Vehicle

  1. Bring your valid driver license, vehicle registration card and insurance card to the DPS office.
  2. Inform the dispatcher of where you live or work on campus. Students must indicate class year (first year, sophomore, junior or senior).
  3. Completely fill out the form provided and return it to the dispatcher, who will assign your decal.
  4. Once you receive your parking decal, place it either on the lower left rear bumper, or on the bottom left-hand side of your rear window.

Note: First-year students are not permitted to possess or operate motor vehicles on the Dickinson campus or in the Carlisle area. This restriction applies to any vehicle regardless of its type, ownership, or registration but does not apply to college motor pool vehicles used in accordance with college sponsored activities, or car sharing services such as ZipCar. This policy is in effect seven days a week. Exceptions to the policy are granted according to strict guidelines and may only be made by the Department of Public Safety. Requests for exceptions must be made in writing by the student and forwarded to the Chief of Public Safety at   Requests for exceptions for medical reasons may require the submissions of documents from your health care provider. Public Safety may consult with the Wellness Center for requests of this type.