Health Advocate Information
Special Video | Coronavirus (COVID-19): The Psychological Effects
Watch this 15-minute video produced by Health Advocate, featuring Bert Alicea, Licensed Psychologist and Executive Vice President of Health Advocate's EAP+Work/Life division, sharing insights on addressing the emotional impact of the current coronavirus outbreak.
Special Newsletter from Health Advocate for Parents Supporting At-Home Children during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic:
The COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges for families across the country. As more and more schools close, requiring school-age children to remain at home in an effort to promote self-distancing, parents are looking for ways to maintain their responsibilities while supporting the educational needs and development of those in their care. Many schools have provided distance-learning programs and resources to help students continue their education while at home. Parents are encouraged to check the information provided by local school districts to determine what steps should be taken to stay on top of their children’s education.
View the special online programs and resources available in this special newsletter for resources and ideas provided by Health Advocate!
Effective March 1, 2004, the College introduced a new service to all full-time employees called Health Advocate. Health Advocate is an independent organization which will provide services to you, your children, your spouse, your parents and your spouse's parents. Complete information about the service is available at Health Advocate's website.
The registered nurses and doctors who staff Health Advocate will work for you as Dickinson employees to navigate the increasingly complex set of issues you and your family face in the health care marketplace. They will come to know our health plan intimately, but will also be able to guide you to the best, most efficient and effective solutions to health care issues. Some of the services Health Advocate provides are as follows:
- Find the best/appropriate doctors and hospitals.
- Schedule appointments with hard to reach specialists.
- Identify renowned "best-in-class" medical institutions regarding serious illness or injury.
- Locate and research current treatments for a medical condition.
- Locate and coordinate varied medical/health related services.
- Locate/navigate services for eldercare.
- Resolve eligibility problems and benefit and claims issues.
- Communicate and coordinate benefits between physicians and with insurance companies.
- Secure second opinions to help provide peace of mind.
- Assist with correcting billing mistakes.
- Coordinate care for a member with complicated medical issues.
- Assist in identifying alternative coverage options.
Health Advocate Newsletters
- Health Advocate Resources & Newsletters
- October 2015 - Dealing with a Diagnosis, Prevent Domestic Violence & Breast Cancer Awareness
- October 2014 - Ebola Awareness Flyer
- February 2014 - Be a Better Consumer
- March 2020 - COVID-19 Resources
HEALTH ADVOCATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Mail: 450 Sentry Parkway, Suite 102, Blue Bell, PA 19422