Skip To Content Skip To Menu Skip To Footer

Study Abroad & Transferring Courses

Norwich UK

Students find a whole new educational setting at the University of East Anglia as part of the Dickinson in England program.

Studying Abroad as an Economics Major

The economics department encourages participation in study abroad programs, and with careful planning, students can spend a semester or academic year abroad. Economics majors study at a number of Dickinson and partner programs across the world, and many Dickinson programs offer courses that transfer as economics credit:

To search the list of options of study abroad programs by major, search Program Discovery.

Students seeking to take 300-level economics electives abroad should complete their required intermediate courses before leaving campus. Double majors often select a site primarily driven by their other major, and students who plan carefully have the flexibility to complete their economics major while taking classes abroad for their other major.

Please make sure to learn more about your intended study-abroad program, including differences in teaching formats, the grade requirements for course transfer and whether the course credit counts toward your major GPA.

Transferring Courses

Majors should discuss all plans to take an economics or math course at another institution, including summer school or study abroad, with your major advisor prior to course selection and enrollment. All math courses must be approved by the math department. In addition to approval by the math department, you will need your advisor's signature on your Enrollment at Another Institution form.

To transfer an economics course—for both majors and nonmajors—please submit the following to Shane Gleason, department coordinator:

  • A completed Enrollment at Another Institution form
  • A written description of the course taken or to be taken
  • A copy of the course syllabus (from the current or recent semester)